DD3 Button: Does Not Understand the Command

Hi!

First time user running CC3 3.43 on a Win10 PC. I've installed CC3 (and Update 11) and DD3, and upon trying to enter DD3 through the CC3 toolbar button, I receive the error message "Campaign Cartographer 3 does not understand the command: LOADDDPRO." I get the same error with a different LOAD code for pressing the CC3 and CD3 buttons as well, and beyond that (though there are of course the buttons in the toolbar) there are no shortcut start icons in either my start menu or the CC3 program files for DD3 specifically (which I feel like I remember seeing at some point with a previous installation attempt.

Are these common issues for CC3 users on Win10? How can I access the DD3 toolset? Would appreciate any and all advice here.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    hmmm.. the DD3 button should call LOADDD3, not LOADDDPRO. You are sure you are installing DD3 and not the old DD Pro?
    Something definately sounds weird with your installation, which often can happen by installing an old non-CC3 aware version of an addon into CC3.

I am also curious why a new user would use CC3 and not CC3+?

In any case, I recommend uninstalling everything, and making 100% sure that everything you install is proper CC3 versions, and then finish up by installing Update 11.

These are not common problems on Win 10, CC3 runs fine there. As for icons in the start menu, there will only be a CC3 icon, DD3 and other add-ons are always accessed through the main program only.
  • Thank you for the advice! (Oops on the first line btw... I bought the suite a few years back, before CC3+ and never really got it up and running well, so now's my first serious attempt. How much difference is there in CC3+?) Good to know Win10 will work fine.

Good news is that I verified that I'm installing DD3 thankfully (not DDPRO), and secondly that Support seems to have fixed the problem by emailing me a .mac file to replace mine from the install package. Buttons are functioning now, so I'm waiting to see if any problem resurfaces when I install CD3 and the CSUAC image files.

Three cheers for Support! And three more for the forums!
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Posted By: JJK0117How much difference is there in CC3+?
    Generally, CC3+ runs smoother, handles effects better and supports much larger export resolutions. Newer addons and Annuals are also only compatible with CC3+. Some of the commands/dialogs are also improved for CC3+.
    Generally, I recommend the upgrade.

Posted By: JJK0117CSUAC image files
    Remember you need the old CSUAC for CC3, the new one available now only supports CC3+. I don't think the old CC3 version is still available for download.