Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2017 edited

In a previous discussion, Monsen sagely provided:... if you use Shaded Polygon to change the angle of your floor, and you don't want the sun to affect it at all, you just wish to angle it, after using the Shaded Polygon command on it, you can use the EDITSHADING command on it, and enable the 'Shade Only Copy' option. This will result in rotated fill, but it doesn't get affected by the sun angle (so the pitch becomes irrelevant) and it keeps the same coloration.

EDITSHADING does not work for me. CC3+ prompts me in the command line to pick a shaded entity but when I do and then select Do It, I get a message that reads, "Group does not contain a shaded entity." I'm using CC3+ v3.78, after Update 13. I honestly can't remember if it worked for me with Update 11 (I didn't install 12).

Anyone else experience this?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2017

Are you sure it was a shaded entity (and it was not a stack of entities so you selected the wrong one)? I only did a quick trest now, but it worked fine for me (Under update 13).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag

Yes. I used the map that I made as the setup for my Shaded Polygon (Angle by Edge) video, which has two shaded polys on it already. But after I got the error a couple of times, I created a brand new shaded poly and got the same error. Very weird.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag

Interesting. I tried it on a new map — my 15-min CA128 test map — and it worked on that one. Even weirder.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Divine retribution for those emojis we all envy so much. Just wait till the next weird thing tomorrow. From Seesee threepio, the Cartographic God.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2017 edited

Pfft. :-j
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2017

I had this happen to me a couple of times before update 12. Haven't had time to check it since.

I'm not getting the android joke?