WHOA! What happened to my edit properties button?

Hey all,

Previous to Update 12 and all the time I've used the Edit Properties button, upon selecting an entity it would pop up a visual of what I selected and allow me a few edit options. Now, it pops up the Change Properties box a duplicate of the Change Properties button.

Can anyone advise? Monsen, please help, sir.

:S

Cal

Comments

• To update:

I turned off antivirus both for the download and the install. Seemed to have no problems. After detecting this button change, I decided to run as administrator, but the install when I get this:

The installer has insufficient privileges to modify this file:
    C:\ProgramData\Profantasy\CC3Plus\Fcw32.mac.

so, hmmmmmm, what do I do? heh

Cal
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited July 2017
    Normally, I would advise trying to re-run the Update as an administrator (the recommended way to run all ProFantasy setup files). However, if that's not doing the trick, then I'm out of ideas, short of searching the forum. If no one on the forum is able to offer you help, I highly suggest you log into your account page and then submit a technical help request via the Support tab. Sorry I can't be of more assistance.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited July 2017
    That dialog was being retired because it was being outdated and missing many features, among those support for sheets, and you could do everything you could in that dialog from change properties. The only plus side of that dialog was the preview. There are also some issues related to maintaining that particular dialog, so the call was redirected to the more modern MPEDIT dialog.

The installer has insufficient privileges to modify this file: C:\ProgramData\Profantasy\CC3Plus\Fcw32.mac.
    I've seen that error myself. It should be safe to ot cancel, the only problem is that the macro file won't ba backed up properly (Make a manual backup if you have custom macros in there)
  • Thanks, Monsen :)

whew, a load off my mind

Cal