Missing Files?

Hey all

While attempting to use CD3, I notice when I right click on Symbol Style Toggle button to select the styles I want, there are 2 glaring absences:

CD3 Bitmap A Default
CD3 Bitmap B Walls

I can't find them anywhere. Did I delete them somehow? Did they not properly install? Do they NOT exist?

Please help

thanks in advance

Cal

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited July 2017
    I assume you mean they are missing from the catalog lists that pops up, and not the symbol style toggle menu itself?

If they are not in those lists, it means that the symbol catalog settings for those are missing for some reason.

If you still have the symbol catalogs (you probably have, since deleting a symbol catalog setting does not automatically delete the catalog (or vice versa), so you should be able to open them manually using the open symbol catalog button and browse to @Symbols\Cities\CD3\Bitmap A/B and open it manually from there. (Not that CD3 A Wooden and CD3 A Default are actually the same catalog though.)

I can't remember if this is a bug the update will install, but if you haven't installed update 12 for CC3+ yet, you should.

You can also easily make new symbol catalog settings to point to those catalogs, getting them back in the list. See this command of the week entry.
  • Ok, checking.

Wall folder for B is there, but empty.

checking updates

thanks in advance
    Cal
    Emtpy? hmm, that's really weird. There is no link in CC3(+) between deleting different items, so deleting the symbol catalog setting won't delete the symbol catalog, nor will deleting the symbol catalog or any individual symbol within it delete the actual symbol files, nor the symbol catalog setting. Same happens if you delete the symbol files, the catalog and settings will remain behind (but will show lots of red X'es with the symbol files missing though.

In any case, there is a new installer for CD3 for CC3+ up on your registration page. I suggest you grab that and simply reinstall CD3 using that. It is up to date with all fixes, and it is a complete setup, so it contains everything.
  • Perfect, thanks indeed Monsen. Will do asap.

thanks in advance
    Cal
  • Ok, navigating to the folder from my file explorer the Walls folder contains all kinds of great symbols. But I can't get them to load via symbol catalog settings button. Navigating to the correct folder says it's empty, no files of the kind specified: FASTCAD FSC Symbol Catalog

Am I missing or misunderstanding a step in this process?

thanks in advance
    Cal
    So it seems like the symbol catalog file itself is missing. Did you try downloading the updated installer for CD3 and running that? Should replace missing files.

Otherwise you could create a new symbol catalog yourself by importing the symbol images, but that won't set all the symbol properties and such.
  • I downloaded and installed and the file is still empty for walls.

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong here heh

Cal
    That's weird. I suggest you put in a support ticket. Hopefully support can figure this out, ot maybe send you the missing files directly.
  • Thanks Monsen,

I now have a new issue. Whenever using the Hide All button on sheets, the program crashes. I've tried various reinstalls of update12 with no change. Starting to become frustrating. Will do on the support ticket.

thanks
    Cal
    Unfortunately, I haven't seen that problem. But Lorelei reported the same in another thread, so I called ProFantasy's attention to it. The more details you can provide about when this happen (Such as map complexity, does it always happen, or only on complex maps) will help, and perhaps provide the .fcw of a map experiencing this behaviour.
  • Thanks, Monsen!

Reported as much as I could to Ralf via support ticket.

Cal