CC3+ Missing 13th Age, Satellite Terrains & Jonathan Roberts Symbol Sets

I just purchased CC3+ and its a little weird lol. Still use to the CC3 classic. I like to use some of the 13th Age & Satellite terrains from that annual. Also missing the Jonathan Roberts Symbol and Terrain Sets as well. I just converted a map of mine into CC3+. Is there a way to include the 13th Age, Satellite and Jonathan Roberts to CC3+? How would i go about that? Thanks!

When I import different symbol sets into my current map, say I am working in a Herwin Wielink map and I wanted to use CC3+ default symbols, they're there but I am missing the terrain textures. Any idea how to import them into the same drawing?

Also, there is a tool top next to my cursor, how do I toggle that off?

Comments

• edited July 2017
    The 13 Age Annual & Satellite and Jonathan Roberts have been converted to CC3+. Though since you made those maps in CC3, I'm not exactly sure how you would convert them over to CC3+ yet. I haven't really researched it a lot. But that tool on your cursor is the same information that is on your command line. If you want to turn it off, go to the tools menu in the upper right hand side of your CC3+ user interface, left click on the Tools Menu, then move your cursor down to the "Options" word and left click on it. This will open up the "Options" menu. There will be a check box that says "Display Floating Prompt". Just un-check that and click the ok button.
  • Tonn, thanks for the tip for the display!
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Annuals are used in CC3+ just like CC3, but you need to install the CC3+ version of the annual, you can't use those installed in CC3. You should find the annual downloads on your registration page, or if you used the free issues, CC3+ version of those are available from "here.

To import textures, you can either go to tools -> Import bitmap fill styles. Just browse to the proper folder (remember that CC3+ stores its resources in c:\ProgramData\ProFantasy\CC3Plus by default, and not in the installation directory (under Program Files (x86)) that CC3 did). Make sure you browse to the CC3+ files and not the CC3 ones. While the CC3 ones will work, that is just going to make things much more difficult in the future when you no longer have CC3 at all, only CC3+ (and at this point, the reasons for having CC3 installed when you have CC3+ are very few).
    For the other settings in the dialog, just make sure 'Create other resolutions' are NOT checked, and path is set to make relative to CC3 path. [Some dialogs in CC3+ still say CC3 for things, but it still refers to CC3+, nothing in CC3+ cares about CC3]
    The other option to import fill styles is to go to Draw -> Insert file, and inset the correct style file from @System\Fill Styles. (@ refers to the CC3+ data directory). If there isn't a fill style file available, you need to follow the above procedure.

Note that importing fill styles will not make drawing tools for them, but they are available in change properties and the fill style dialog.
  • Got all of that to work. However, I have an issue with some of the Structure Symbols from the CC3+ default symbol set. Some of the ruined cities and pyramids and obelisk are actually rendering as original CC3 symbols. When I alternate symbol sets, I simply, Symbols > Master Symbol Filters. I chose CC3MS which is the correct one. Any chance to relink all of those structure symbols from CC3+ default? I tried the Draw > Insert File, of inserting a blank template from CC3+ file but that trick didn't work so well. Any help would be appreciative thanks!
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    That sounds as if the symbol names are the same, and as the old definition is in the map, CC3+ reuses that old definition with the same name.

Try the following: Open the Symbol Manager and find the old style symbol in the list. "Rename" it to something else (perhaps adding a letter or number at the end). Then try adding the new style symbol to the map again.
  • FarsightX3FarsightX3 Traveler
    edited July 2017
    Posted By: RalfThat sounds as if the symbol names are the same, and as the old definition is in the map, CC3+ reuses that old definition with the same name.

Try the following: Open the Symbol Manager and find the old style symbol in the list. "Rename" it to something else (perhaps adding a letter or number at the end). Then try adding the new style symbol to the map again.
    Hi Ralf, actually still having this issue. I renamed the original CC3 symbol, Cairn to "Carin nn" and hit "Okay". However, that did not change it in the catalog on the side bar to the left. Also, after renaming the Obelisks and Monoliths, I get the CC3MS catalog of those symbols on both the CC3MS and CC3 Filled. I am unsure what I did wrong or how to fix this? By the way, I did edit the letter at the end. I changed the V's to Z's and the N's to M's. Still no avail :(

I tried to import a CC3+ file with just the symbols I wanted to use from the CC3MS catalog. Once I imported them in it changed the symbols to the CC3 Filled Catalog. So it works fine when I do a new file but on the current map I am working on, there is an error or some sort.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    The renaming procedure will rename the symbol in the map, NOT the one shown in the symbol catalog window. But after having renamed it in the map, the symbol from the symbol catalog should now be insurable, since the map doesn't have any conflicting symbols after renaming.