Discussion Not Found?

I am trying to post a new map (png) and a few explanatory comments. I have tried using the "Show and Tell" and "mapping with Profantasy" categories but on both occasions I have received a red "Problem: discussion not found" message. What am I doing wrong?

I have posted before successfully a few times. The map is only 750k.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Try posting your post first without the image, then edit it and add the attachment.

Also make sure your image is not larger than 1024px wide, which is the current forum limit. Posting a too-large image directly in a new post sometimes cause this behavior.

Another option is to upload it to a photo hosting service, and link to it in the post instead.
  • Thank you Monsen. The problem I was encoutering was file size. The png was 746k which is above the 500k limit. So had to save this as a jpeg. (If only the Dwarves lived on the plains - sigh).

You may remember in an earlier post I said I didn't know what I was doing but that I thought Jpegs used less space than bmp's? I am now beginning to understand better. Funny that I bought CC3 to learn how to make digital maps, and I find I learn about digital manipulation as well.

Another question re the forum - Are there any "smilies" to activate. I only ask because on re reading some of my comments may seem grumpy, but I am a very wry, tongue in cheek person. When I DO feel grumpy I don't post.

Thanks again
    Bonzer

Bonzer
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited February 2009
    No, there are not any graphical smiles at the forum, but remember the you can use the original text-based smilies: :) , :-) , ;-) , :( , :O and so on. I greatly prefer these myself over graphical ones.
    You can also use html to link to graphical smilies from somewhere else (But make sure you link to somewhere you are allowed to).