Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthor01i
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2017 edited

Today's news mentions that Dioramas in next in line for a CC3+ update, and expected next month.

I was just wondering whether a new version of dioramas is a generation 3 product with new artwork and functionality, or whether the CC3+ version is just making the existing gen2 version work with CC3+

Also, if it's a new gen3 product, will there be discounts for owners of the gen2 version, or has it been too long?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2017

I can't speak officially for ProFantasy, so this is just my understanding from previous discussions. But, while waiting for an official response I can say that my understanding is that they're updating Dioramas Pro to work with CC3+ the same way they did with most of the other add-ons. I don't expect Dioramas 3 just yet.
    • CommentAuthorkathorus

I'm not seeing anywhere that they mention Dioramas is expected next month, where did you see that?
    •  
      CommentAuthor01i

http://rpgmaps.profantasy.com/?p=4125
    •  
      CommentAuthor01i

Posted By: DogtagI can't speak officially for ProFantasy, so this is just my understanding from previous discussions. But, while waiting for an official response I can say that my understanding is that they're updating Dioramas Pro to work with CC3+ the same way they did with most of the other add-ons. I don't expect Dioramas 3 just yet.

That would be a shame. All the other updates have been gen3 products.
    • CommentAuthorkathorus

Thanks, I was actually thinking about this yesterday, it and source maps cities are the only products I don't own, I'm eagerly awaiting those updates so I can complete my Profantasy software collection.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2017 edited

01ilamented:That would be a shame. All the other updates have been gen3 products.

Yes, but only because those were already the current versions for those products. The only add-on that was both updated to CC3+ and to a new version altogether was Perspectives (and the 2016 and 2017 Annual volumes).

All the other add-ons that have been updated to work with CC3+ are identical in all other respects to the current CC3 versions. The only difference is which program they'll work with.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2017

Dogtag is right, we'll be doing a simple update to Dioramas first, but will also release a Dioramas 3 later. We'd just like to get everything working with CC3+ as soon as possible.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2017

Ralf... We'll be doing a simple update to Dioramas first, but will also release a Dioramas 3 later.

\:D/
    So...I just bought Dioramas, expecting it to work with CC3+. That it only works with CC3 is annoying, but tolerable...if only just. When 3 is released, what's the upgrade scheme? Is it free, reduced, what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2017

Dioramas 3 will be a major upgrade to dioramas, and will follow normal upgrade pricing.
    • CommentAuthorpool7
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2017

While we are on the subject: any news/ETA on the Dioramas Pro Compatibility update for CC3+? No hurry, just wondering if it's coming soon.
    I have had direct contact from ProFantasy on this exact subject on 12/26/2017, and I quote:

"We're confident [Dioramas 3] will be within the next three months."

While of course there's no guarantee of an exact date, I'd say that's pretty heartening.