Fractal calculations on predefinded Continents

Hi,
I have a problem. I want to use the fractal function on predefinded continents, because I already planned a world for my fantasy project (see attachment). So it is already integrated in the story and can not be changed. Do you have any ideas for solving this problem, because using simple create doesn't looks as natural as the fractal maps.
I'm thankful for any help
Thot

Comments

• The "easiest"* thing to do would be to import the picture above as a BMP or PNG and painstakingly* trace over the continents.

Another suggestion: If you have a PNG version of the above and are happy with the color of the continent as it is now, you could edit the blue out (in a graphics program - not CC3 directly) and change it to a transparency. Then import the PNG into CC3 on its own sheet.

* I use "easiest" in a relative sense here. ;)
  • Well, thanks for your answer.
    But my aim is to get a planetary map with realistic heights. I found a possibility by using easy create to the continental shapes. After that I selected only the landmass and roughend it a bit. I really got great mountain shapes, but now ther is another problem: the mountains doesn't orient on the coastlines. I got cliffs with an height of 8000 meters! this is nearly as high as the mount everest.^^
    Is ther any possibility to solve this problem and smooth the coast regions?