Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorrobotrock
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2017 edited

After the tedium of a couple city maps, I thought I'd try out the B&W Fantasy style from this years annual on an island in the northern part of my world. It is a cool style and it was nice to do a map that I could start and finish in the same day - lol
      Taandia with Stream - WEB.png
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2017

That's a beautiful map :D

(and cities can be extremely tiring - you aren't the only one!)
    Delicious map, robotrock, using a gorgeous style. I love B&W styles done well, and this is definitely done well!

You're right as well - Its fun and relaxing to take time out just to make small maps off-the-cuff, and it's surprising the quality you can achieve with a map that can be completed in a short time. I discovered that while doing my Classic Recreations challenge.

Thanks for sharing!

DMG
    Nice! :-)
    • CommentAuthorBarliman

Very nice! I used this style in a recent map and like it quite a bit. I've been tempted to try making more symbols for it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag

Great map, robotrock. Not only does it look good, and very usable for game purposes, but it also looks like something a player might come across in a book or worked into a tapestry. It has an in-game authenticity to it.

I particularly like the economy and placement of your hill and mountain symbols, as well as your forest symbols. Sometimes it can be a real challenge not to overdo it and you struck a very nice balance.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag