Pink selection box doesn't disappear on deselecting symbols

I'm on page 14 of the manual and having some trouble with selecting items. I understand we pick command, then items, then do it. Got that. This is my first CAD program, so that took me several years to get over before I could grow up and come back to give CC a proper shot.

My problem is the selection box that appears and doesn't disappear when deselecting with ctrl-left click. I was selecting mountains and cities.

The pink selection box that appears around a selected item doesn't disappear after deselecting the item unless I zoom out and back in again, so I can't be certain I've deselected what I intended to. Why do I need to change my zoom level for this to refresh?

Additionally, why do some icons turn partially or wholy pink when selected and not others?

In case any of this is relevant: I am running Windows 10 Pro, CC3+ 3.76 on a Nvidia Geforce GTX 980TI, 16GB RAM, i7 6700k overclocked to 4GHz with a 1920x1080 BenQ monitor.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    The reason some elements have a box and not a complete fill is that CC3+ creates this selection fill by just (temporarily) change the colors of the entity. However, some elements, like raster symbols, doesn't react to color changes (You may have noticed that you can't use change properties to change color on it either), so CC3+ has to draw a bounding box instead.

As for the selection box not disappearing, I am thinking that is probably a bug. To work around it, I recommend using Redraw instead of zooming though, that way you keep the focus on the area you are working with. Redraw is also nice because it puts the selected items back in the proper drawing order, which is a great help when selecting large entities.
  • taustinoctaustinoc Surveyor
    Can you redraw while in the middle of a command? I believe the scenario here is "oops, I accidentally selected something I don't want to change, but I can't tell if I de-selected it so I don't know if it's safe to hit Do It yet." Zooming in or out won't affect where you are in the middle of a command. Maybe redraw doesn't either, but it seems like it might.
  • Ctrl-R is a quick and easy way to redraw as opposed to going to the menus, though zooming in and out is still easier with a mouse wheel. Neither impacts you when you're in the middle of selection, so no dramas there.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Redraw works with selecting/deselecting symbols, but it can be a bit confusing it you redraw or zoom while combining paths, since all the highlighting disappears ;)