Hex Grid numbers in CC3+

I just purchased CC3+ and a bunch of addons and I've been playing with it all and learning. I started a new overland map using the CC3 Overland Hex style. I selected a horizontal hex grid overlay and turned off labels, but when the map was created it still has hex numbers. Is there some way to remove the hex numbers without restarting the map over again? I've already drawn in the coastline and some features and don't want to lose what I've done so far.

Comments

• Ok, after some tinkering and reading other posts on here I figured out how to delete my existing grid and make a new one without numbers!

Now I'm wondering, is there some way to easily fill the land part of the map with the basic land color I used to fill in the coastline hexes? Or do I have to manually paint in each hex? The map is 360x600 miles with a hex grid spacing of 5, so that's a LOT of hexes to fill manually...
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Use the drawing tools that comes with the style. They have the same fill styles as the hexes available, and they are intended to fill in large areas instead of placing hexes (and you can place terrain hexes on top of them). By default, they snap to the hex grid in the hex style map, making it easy to follow the grid.
  • That's probably something easy to do, but being a complete newbie I have no idea where to look to do this. I've been trying all the different commands on my screen. I can fill an area of the map with a color, but not with the CC3H Land Default symbols, which is what I want. The only way I can figure so far is place them by hand.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited July 2017
    Hi Aelanna. Welcome to CC3 and the ProFantasy forum.

The drawing tools Monsen is talking about are the buttons on the upper-left. The easiest way to find what you're looking for is probably to click the All Map Drawing Tools [CC3+ Button Image] button. That will open up a dialog box where you can pick the Land or Terrain drawing tool you want. If you get a list without any preview graphics, you can check the Display Sample checkbox near the top. One important note: do not change the style listed at the top of the dialog. It is automatically selected based on the template you're using.

Drawing tools are basically CC3+ commands with pre-set properties. For example, the Land and Terrain tools are filled polygons. Once you pick a Land or Terrain drawing tool, CC3+ will automatically set the fill style, as well as the sheet and layer properties so you draw it on the proper sheet and layer.

Drawing tools are also often available in CC3+ from the symbol catalog. They have a little "T" in the upper right-corner of their thumbnail. For land and terrain, you'll generally (not always) find them in the Coast/Sea, Minerals/Mountains, Natural Features, and Vegetation catalogs.

I hope that helps.

Cheers!
    ~Dogtag
  • Thanks, Dogtag! That helped. I figured out how to do what I wanted, I filled in the land with a flat color, deleted the color symbols for now. Here's what I have so far. I originally made these maps in 2000 using Paint Shop Pro, now I'm making them in CC3+.