PC Slow after installing CD3 - Can anyone offer any advice?

Hi all,

Before installing CD3 my PC took about 1 minute to boot into a useable state. It now takes about 10 minutes. Anyone else had this problem?

All help appreciated.

Dal.

Comments

• I haven't had this problem.
    What operating system do you use?

If it's Windows XP or Vista, you are sure it wasn't installing upgrades it grabbed recently? That can make booting slow (although only once).
  • Hi Gandwarf,

Thanks for the reply. You do realise, of course, that I blame you for my current predicament - LOL - just kidding. It was your excellent maps and tutorials that convinced me to purchase the software, however. Must say, you make it look easy. My first attempts have convinced me that it isn't. Don't suppose there are any more tutorials coming our way? Hint. Hint.

As to my problem, I've just deleted the .pf files for CD3 from the prefetch folder and it seems to have worked for the moment. However, when I go to use the program again it will go back into the folder. Perhaps I just need a faster PC.

Thanks once again.

Dal.
  • Man, I do need to ask some commission from Profantasy, I have read half a dozen posts by people now who blame me for buying their stuff ;-)

What kind of tutorials are you looking for? The 13-part tutorial I did contains 90% of the knowledge needed to recreate all my city maps. Right now I am messing with overland maps and I am still struggling there. I created some maps back in 2006 and then forgot about the software until the release of CD3.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Posted By: GandwarfMan, I do need to ask some commission from Profantasy, I have read half a dozen posts by people now who blame me for buying their stuff ;-)
    Join their affiliate program :)
  • Posted By: Gandwarf

What kind of tutorials are you looking for? The 13-part tutorial I did contains 90% of the knowledge needed to recreate all my city maps.
    Gandwarf, I have downloaded your CD3 tutorial from this site. It only has 10 parts, am I missing some parts? I did look as if it was completed at the end of part 10, but I would hate to miss out on more help and ideas.

Bonzer
  • For now it's 10 parts. So you have the complete tutorial.
    I might expand on it in the future.