Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorJensen
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2017

Hello everybody,
    I will start my first map for the Community Atlas, a beautiful, nice little valley in the north of the Alarius continent. I have an idea for the map setting, so I gave it the name Einherjar Valley. While reserving this area for me, Monsen gave me the wake-up-call, that this valley is indeed beautiful and nice, but maybe not really little. So the first thing i did was copying this area from the original map as background in CC3+ for orientation where to put mountains, rivers etc. (of course i will delete when I`m done) and after that i copied a map of the alps and northern Italy into it to get an idea of the size of this "beautiful, nice little valley".
    Before I start I want to ask if I have confused something. I think the scalebar which I have implemented (0-200 miles) hits the scale of the original Alarius map. The alps map is in kilometer and 200 kilometer is about 125 miles. So far so good - but as I am not really a profi on this I want to make sure, that I am on the right way. Could you please doublecheck if i did the right scaling?
    Thanks, Jensen
      Valley Alpen.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2017 edited

Your scale is fine. Remember, you can always check the distance using info-> distance. Just do a measurement on the original map of the same area as you have placed the scalebar. The alps map also looks properly scaled. Makes you really thing about the size of the mountain rangers and rivers in this map.
    • CommentAuthorJensen
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2017

Thanks, yes it really makes me think how to continue. I will take some time to figure out a propper way.
    Lovely start :) cant wait to see more!