Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2017 edited

Hi

I've been working on this for the past two nights and it is supposed to by my entry for this months challenge at the guild.
    It is based on a drawing I made when I was gone over the weekend and had no access to CC3+. I colored the drawing in Sketchbook but then I wondered if I could to do the whole thing in CC3+.
    So, this is entirely done in CC3+, except for the import of the scanned drawing.

Also, I thought about contributing this (or a slightly reworked version) to the Community Atlas once it is done. Any ideas where to put it?

Cheers,
    Hadrian
      Hanging Garden CC WIP II.JPG
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2017 edited

Any mountainous area, really - Peredur for one, especially the central plateau which is ringed by cliffs. (Just a plug for one of my maps - hehe).
    And I love the concept - really look forward to your finished version. At this stage, i think the lakes look a little too vertical
    Awesome endeavor! :-)
    • CommentAuthorJensen
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2017

Ha! Great! I started to working at my first city map for our campaign and our ***ned game master is playing in a city like this (a mixture of hanging garden and Haifa). Please finish it and it would be fantastic to share how you made it.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2017

This is looking terrific, Hadrian. Don't be put off by what other people are posting in the Challenge. All the entries are individually fascinating in their own way - and its a great way to show the world what CC3 can do :D
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2017

Thank you, guys.

Here's yet another update.
    I still have a lot to do and time is running out soon, so I'm not sure if I can finish it in time.
    But I will finish the map anyway and upload it to the atlas.
      Hanging Garden CC WIP IV.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Looks good - worked out where it's going?
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Looking very cool, Hadrian.

I'm in a situation where the next 2 days are to be unavoidably wasted (my birthday celebrations, and a job interview), so I'm calling my unfinished entry 'finished', even though its missing nearly 1/4 of the map.

Best of luck! :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Happy Birthday, Sue. Hope you get that job. <3
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI

Happy Birthday, Sue, and good luck with the interview.

And I hope you are going to finish your map anyway. It is just way too wonderful to be left unfinished.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Thank you :)

Have to dash now, or I'll be late for my own birthday dinner! LOL!
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Happy Birthday Sue !
    I could bake a virtual cake for you,
    but even my skills aren't that good,
    But Happy Birthday to you !
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI

What a great idea Jim:D

I made one in CC3+
      Birthday Cake.JPG
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Aw you guys are just the best! *blush*

Thank you :D
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

Wow, this is just amazing Hadrian! You, like Sue, are a true artist. Great work!

And a very Happy Birthday to you, Sue! Hope your day was magical and full of happy moments!
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI

Thank you, Lorelei.

It took quite some consideration to make this cake. CC3+ is certainly not optimized for virtual cake baking. I sense an opportunity for an annual issue here:D
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI

Hi guys,

here's yet another update.

this one is a ~2k render taken from CC3. I hid the original picture, so everything you see has been made entirely in CC3.
      Hanging Garden Render II.JPG
    • CommentAuthorJensen
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2017

Wow, that`s really cool!
    • CommentAuthorTonnichiwa

This is looking really good Hadrian VI ! Interesting way to use a type of perspectives for buildings. I wish I would have thought of it!

Happy Birthday Sue! I hope everything went well in your interview too!
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2017 edited

Keep it up, Hadrian - and don't give up till the threads are locked. I'm going to put a few of the things right that were suggested to me yesterday over at the Guild if I have time to do a couple of them on Saturday morning.

Its a very strange run this month. Not many of the entrants have managed to grasp the idea half as well as you have. Even the person I thought would probably put us all to shame (Icemanelli - the Guild's Steam Punk technical drawing genius) has messed up just a tiny bit by concentrating on drawing his space ship, rather a lot more than the garden aspect. Its a good map, but its not really 'on subject', and a lot of the voting is about whether mappers have really grasped the theme properly ;)

And thank you all for your very kind wishes :D
    • CommentAuthorTopdecker

It would be a shame not to include a rookery here. :)

Tim
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

Just amazing (for a CC3+ map - haha j/k) It really is a beautiful drawing. I love it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Looks like the pariah CC3+ people are going to sweep the board this competition, from what I have seen. Think I'll be voting for both of you.
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI

Thank you guys.

I hope I manage to finish everything.

@Topdecker: That would be a nice addition, but I don't think I'm going to have enough time for this.
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2017 edited

Hi Guys

here's yet another update.
      Sacred Gardens II.JPG
    • CommentAuthorBarliman

I'm really enjoying this. Reminds me of a hillside monastery.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Looks great, but swim has just one 'm'
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2017

Thank you, Barliman.

And thank you so much, Quenten, for the correction. I managed to sneak in a fix, although I'm not supposed to do any mapping today:P
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2017

I never even saw it! I'm totally worn out now :)

That's a really great map, Hadrian, and don't be surprised if you do really well ;)
    Love this sooooo much, it's just beautiful <3
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2017

Thanks to you all for your motivating comments.:)

At the moment it looks like I don't stand a chance against Sue's brilliant map, which really deserves to win this one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Hope we see it in the Community Atlas (that is, if you're allowed to continue mapping, you naughty man)
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2017 edited

Of course you will see it in the Atlas.

Let's talk location:D

Maybe place it at the very northern tip of Peredur?:)
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

What about in the central plateau of Peredur which has cliffs around it, and also some waterfalls
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI

Yeah, but then I would probably have to rework the background.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Not really, the cliffs with a waterfall are on the edge of the central plateau - have another look
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI

Facing inside right? Well, I guess it could work, since the central plateau is large enough for the bend of Niburum to cover the mountains on the other side.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Yes, that's the spot.
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2017

Would you mind posting the exact spot you have in mind?
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Sure, There are 2-3 waterfalls, but this is probably best
      peredur.JPG
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Posted By: HadrianVI...At the moment it looks like I don't stand a chance against Sue's brilliant map, which really deserves to win this one.

Aw thank you - that's really kind of you :)
    • CommentAuthorGathar

I knew the moment I saw it that Sue's map was going to win this challenge... But I really like yours too Hadrian. It has an almost impressionist feel, that give it a very strong atmosphere. I just think many people prefer a map with more details.
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI

Congrats to Sue for winning the challenge.:)

Thank you, Gathar. I would probably have added more details, if I had more time. This map was quite time consuming, probably a lot more than it looks like, because I had to draw almost everything (except from the Tree symbols and the blurred symbols I used for the background) from scratch using the CC3 drawing tools. Also, I ended up having an unreasonably high amount of different sheets, which caused the map to run pretty slow towards the end. I even experienced a couple of CC3 crashes as I zoomed in.

Anyway, I've shown that a map like this can be done in CC3+, but I have to admit, that these kind of maps probably are not one of CC3+'s core strengths.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2017

Thank you - and congratulations yourself on 4th place, Hadrian. You did a lot better than I did the first time I entered a Challenge. I mean, I came 4th as well, but the field was only half the size, so it was a lot less of an achievement than your first go. Also, you were ahead of a couple of others with notable awards - Icemanelli has a Challenge under his belt, AND an annual 'best of 2016' Atlas Award to his name (the golden globe), but you beat him nonetheless!

What you did is nothing to be disappointed in at all, and indicates that with a few more goes you could probably do it - and maybe a lot faster than I did :D