Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorrrcalbick
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2017

I've had CC for many years but have honestly never really put it to good use. A while back a fellow gamer was looking to commission someone to create a CC map for their personal campaign. I accepted that project, which has been a great learning experience and made me realize just what I've been missing with not using the software as I should be. At any rate, I've attached an image showing just a detailed portion of a much larger overall map. Let me know what you think!
      19457512_1905570653031824_103230309_o.jpg
    • CommentAuthorJMunsonII

Really, really good work IMHO!
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

Nice work! Your rivers look great!
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Brilliant!
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI

This is an amazingly beautiful map.

The only thing I would critizise is the lack of an edge fade or blur on the sea contours.
    • CommentAuthorJensen

Fantastic map!
    I especially like the forests!
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

You will need to put each sea contour on a different sheet for the edge fade to work - but I would definitely use it
    • CommentAuthorrrcalbick

Thank you for all of the kind comments! As for the sea contours, I've debated blurring them...and I realize I'd have to put them on separate sheets to get it to work correctly. For whatever reason I like them as they are with the sharp edge contrast, but that's likely just because I'm used to seeing them that way. I might have to play with them and see how it looks with the blur. Thanks for the tips!
    • CommentAuthorBarliman

This is really nice work, and I'm also envious: your "thick" mountain ranges turn out much better than mine. Still haven't mastered that.

Great job!
    Beautiful, looking forward to seeing more <3
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2017

That's a great map, rrcalbick :D
    • CommentAuthorrrcalbick
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2017

Thanks for the kind words! As for the mountain ranges Barliman, I'm content with them, although I still think they can be done even better. I'll have to work on them some more on later maps, but I'm glad you like them.