Text colours

Hi
For some reason nothing I do using Mike Schley's overland will change the colour of text and I can't create lakes, whilst I'm asking. So could I have some advice as to what to do? Thanks!

Comments

• Hey Escavian, I'm no expert, just re-learning CC3+ myself, but I think I can help.

Are you setting the "Text Specs" prior to creating your text? The icon is normally on the far right next to the Text icon. After creating text, you can use the "Edit Properties" icon on the left side to change the properties (and color) of text.

You'll need to provide more details on what your trouble with a lake is. Though I'm guessing you are not getting in on the right sheet.

And if you haven't already, before you try to map something on your own, I highly recommend doing the tutorials in the user manual and the SS4 guide. I've spent time over the last week doing those and have learned a great deal.
  • Thanks Lord,
    I am thinking about getting the tome, it will probably do a lot for getting the hang of this. I have watched the long tutorial on Youtube for Parrot Island which was helpful but I can't remember every detail that well. On the icon I don't see where to edit the colour. I suspect I need to use sheets for the lake. Guess I am going to need the tome!
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited June 2017
    As for text, note that the text drawing tool (which you find in the structures symbol catalog) will only make white text. You can use change properties on it afterwards to change the color of it, but I recommend using the regular text command, in which the text will be whatever color you have set in the status bar before creating the text.

As for the Lakes, are you using the lake drawing tool? As LordEntrails mentions, sheets are usually the culprit, and if you are using the ocean/sea drawing tools, they will draw on the SAE sheet, putting everything below the actual landmass. Make sure to use the appropriate lake drawing tool. (You can also always use Change Properties to move an entity to a different sheet after drawing it though).

As for the Tome, there are lots of tips and tricks in there, but make sure to start with giving the CC3+ manual a throughout read first if you haven't already.
  • Hi Mosen
    Thanks, I'll take another look at that. I think the sheet order needs adjusting as you suspect for the lakes.
  • I like the Tome, but I don't think you need it yet. I have found the tutorials in just the user manuals (not the essentials guides) to be a great place to get started with.The Tome assumes you already can do most everything you want, you just want to do more and do it better, that's my opinion of the TUM (which I've owned for a whole week now!).
  • Thanks for the advice, I'll peruse the tutorials for free then!