Fractal Terrains 3

Breaking up your Fractal word and how to piece them together in CC3+?

What I am trying to figure out is after I export my world map into CC3+, how can I copy pieces of that map into a new CC3+ file (say 50 miles x 50 miles) and once i am done adding all I want to that smaller file, add that section back to the master world file, or merging two smaller CC3+ files together, etc.?

Cheers,
Karykzen

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Hello and welcome Karykzen :)

The land shapes and all the contours are generally quite large shapes that cover large areas of the world map. If you have exported everything as a single file Its possible to copy it and paste it into another file (or just duplicate the file for speed) and chop away the bits that you don't want in the new file, but its generally very much easier to export the regions that you are interested in mapping at a larger scale directly from source by filling the FT3 screen with that region and repeating the export process.

An FT3 export will always contain exactly the area you can see on your screen, whether you see the whole world, or only a part of it.

If you want to do it the first way it takes a lot longer and is rather a lot more involved, but we can help if you get a bit stuck :)
  • edited June 2017
    Spent hours looking on YouTube and of course after I post this? I find my answer
    In case anyone else is interested, the link is below.

https://youtu.be/_zUyG0BwfzE
  • 22 days later
  • Regarding the exports from FT3 it will only be a match if a single CC files is produced. If multiple file export is used FT3 for some reason crops the files. The hyperlinks produced in CC will also not correspond with the lower level maps.
  • You can set a percentage of overlap in FT3 when choosing multiple files.
  • Yes you can set a percentage of overlap but I found even when this was not set the maps still overlap each other, not necessarily a bad thing. But the cropping of images exported is a pain. This even happens on the A level if you set the parameters to use the view displayed. I posted an example of this in an earlier post here.