Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorrobotrock
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2017

I created this as a "sketch" to work out my map and now am looking to re-do it in another style. I have read through some of the resources (manual, forum, etc) and there seems to be a few different ways to go about this task. Do any of you have a preferred method or suggestions about the best way to re-do a map?
      Orballia Map - WEB.png
    • CommentAuthorTonnichiwa
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2017

I think this depends on what you are trying to change about the map. There are different techniques for different things so you would probably have to be more specific about what kind of changes you are trying to make.
    • CommentAuthorrobotrock
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2017

Posted By: TonnichiwaI think this depends on what you are trying to change about the map. There are different techniques for different things so you would probably have to be more specific about what kind of changes you are trying to make.

I want to re-draw the map in the Herman Weilink style. I am happy with the placement of things, but I think that it might look better in that style. I know that one method would be to start fresh and import this map as a .png then re-draw the landmasses, etc and re-place the symbols. It would seem that one could also possibly use this FCW, replace sheets and trace the elements with the trace command, keeping the text, etc. Basically, I was just looking for some advice from those who have done this before on the best practices to get it done. I hope that is a better description of what I am trying to do.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2017 edited

Yikes! You'll be happy to know there's an easier way. Check out this discussion on the same topic. Be sure to read the whole thing so you get Monsen's info about the Change like drawtool command.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
    • CommentAuthorrobotrock
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2017

Thank You!
    That is exactly what I need to do :-)
    • CommentAuthorrobotrock
    • CommentTime2 days ago edited

So, with the helpful information provided by this forum, I managed to re-do the map above in a new style. Fortunately, I was able to make use of the copy / paste / change properties technique for a lot of the work. Though it probably sounds absurd to the more seasoned here, it still took me more than one whole day to do it. Here is the result so far:
      Orballia Map - 2 WEB 2.png
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTime1 day ago

Very good
    Nice job! It looks great!
    Looks amazing! Fantastic job, really a very nice map. :)
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTime9 hours ago

You know I don't know which style I prefer, now. Both of them look great :D