Advice for overwhelmed noob.

Hi all,

Looking at adapting a short story by William Hope Hodgson, The Thing Invisible, part of the Carnacki series, into a Call of Cthulhu adventure. The story actually has a non supernatural ending, but it can be interesting to see the players expecting a ghost, ghoulie or mythos being around every corner.

I will give handouts, and also show the current map on my TV.

What I will need is a large scale map of South Kent, I will probably just grab something off the interweb and Gimp in the marker for the town of Burtontree.

I will then need a map of say five to ten miles across detailing the positions of Burtontree, Burtontree Manor/Castle and surrounding features.

I will also need to map the town of Burtontree to include such things as a photographers, ironmonger, doctor and church.

I will also need to map Burtontree Castle, I will probably adapt the plan of Castle Howard (pic attached) or might just use the map as is, but I feel adapting the map will give me some much needed practice.

I will also need close up maps of any highly relevant rooms, especially the chapel and will probably include a few isometric rooms too.

There is such a variety of styles available I'm a bit unsure of which to use, obviously as I become more proficient I'll be more comfortable with which styles I use for each usage.

I rather like the map style from the Tome tutorial for Windclaw for the 5 mile map but the towns and cities look a little too D&D for a 1920 scenario I think.

Has anyone any advice or examples on which styles/products to use? I have CC3+, City, Dungeon, Perspective and SS3 available but don't mind adding an annual or similar to get a desired effect.

Comments