First CC3 Map

Hi everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself. I just got CC3 last week and have been going over all the tutorials and what not (Gandwarf, your tutorials are extremely helpful!). I'm getting ready to start up a new campaign which is what lead me to search for and find CC3. Thought I'd show my first map. Took about an hour to make plus another hour-ish to tweak.

My next purchase will be CD3 and begin working on the cities and towns on this map.

Comments

• Let me be the first to say very nice. I wish my first attempts looked as good. I ike the organic flow of your terrain. One suggestion Id like to make is using the tree symbols with trunks to make the edges of you forest look a little more natural. If you use one of the forst tools under the default terrain button it will automatically place them around the appropriate edges. Makes doing large areas of forest pretty quick.
  • I think this is pretty good. I like the delta that you created. It's hard (for me to see because my eyes aren't what they used to be) to see the detail behind the delta. It looks like there is some type of gray background, or something behind the portions where it branches out. What did you do to make this?
  • Ah! was wondering where to find that tool, thanks! I placed those forests by hand. I tried a bit of the trees with trunks right around Glaston but didn't think to put them around the edges everywhere else.

Excellent idea.
  • Posted By: warhoundI think this is pretty good. I like the delta that you created. It's hard (for me to see because my eyes aren't what they used to be) to see the detail behind the delta. It looks like there is some type of gray background, or something behind the portions where it branches out. What did you do to make this?
    Actually, that is a Glow effect for the River sheet that I made a mid-Brown color. It was to give the impression of dirt banks and it does show the delta quite well. Thanks.
  • Let me be another to say Nice map! Like Highland_Piper's town in a recent thread, nicely spaced out, but there for an active imagination. I would have been tempted to put something in the NE and SE corners, and also in the forests. I would have been wrong. More!
    Bonzer
  • Nice job on this map! I really like the little river deltas. Many people have a hard time getting those done correctly. It is very well planned, although I would have expected more towns or villages following the rivers.

Good job and please keep sharing, I love to steal ideas ;)
  • Bearclaw, Like you I am new to CC3. I was looking again at the map above, specifically at the Delta and rivers. I was wondering....I can see the brown glow effect you described for the delta, but not so much on the main river crossing the center of the map. This got me thinking (whether my eyes deceive or not), if you wanted a brown glow for the delta, but not for the other rivers, I suppose you would make a sheet called "rivers delta". That way you could have the muddy effect for the delta, and a different effect for the main river.

Just sounding out ideas. I like this map a lot.

Bonzer
  • I've been away for a couple of days but thanks for the delta explanation. I'll have to try it. Thanks again and keep up the maps!
  • Actually, all the rivers have the brown glow effect. The difference is that it is very slight so it's more noticable on the smaller waterways.

I'm currently working on the city of Glaston which is turning out to be HUGE and a lot of fun creating.
  • Here's a second map I created. This is CD3. It is one of the unnamed villages on the edge of the lake in my above map. I'm sure it could be better but this was a practice map more than anything else.
  • I like it, especially for a practice map. The fields need some work I think.
  • yeah, I agree. Not too happy with how those fields turned out. any suggestions? :) All I did for these fields is took the stock fields tool, made some copies and changed the colors.