Is there a way to copy directly to a new map at a different scale?

What I want to do is have a large scale master map and copy certain sections to another map and use these as enlargements of the master. I know I can copy from one map to another, but that process takes every entity and CC3+ slows down massively. So I'm looking to copy smaller sections, but enlarge and retain the details within that section only. If that makes sense?

Is there an easy way to do this I've missed?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    As with most operations in CC3+, clipboard copy lets you select just what you want to copy. Simply start the copy command and select the entities only in the area you are interested in (using a selection window instead of clicking on each entity is usually the best) and past these into a new map.
    This means that you will also copy some entities that extends beyond the map border, you need to trim these down to the border of the new map. Simply use BREAK and/or SPLIT on them, get rid of the sections outside the map border, and use path to poly to make the remaining sections back into a whole polygon again. OR, use the trace functionality of the drawing tools to create a new version that traces the sections of the old one that is inside the map border, then delete the old one.
    The Trace tutorial on page 58 of the CC3+ user manual explains this process. There is also a more detailed explanation in the Tome if you have that.