Architects manual

All, I found this Architects manual and thought that some may find it useful.

https://archive.org/stream/NeufertArchitectsDataEd3/Neufert-Architects Data-ed3#page/n268/mode/1up

This will be useful if you need to know the clearances between tables in a restaurant should be, or between cars in a parking lot, or how to build a fireplace or many other things. This manual is specifically for England but they pull examples from all over the world. Happy reading!

Comments

• DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    Cool! Thanks for sharing.

~Dogtag
  • GatharGathar Traveler
    I don't think I'll ever use it, but I find it very funny to have so many pages with so many nice b&w drawings. Thank you !!
  • 11 months later
  • DaltonSpenceDaltonSpence Mapmaker
    edited April 2018
    This is an excellent resource ... for modern day maps. However the standards used in modern architecture are not the same as those used in the past. While there is a section in this book about renovating older buildings, I'm more interested in the standards used in their original construction. Is there a reference for, say, 19th or 18th century building design elements? Things like the common ceiling heights and dimensions of stairs, hallways and rooms (both public and secret [servant]) would be very helpful. (I'm trying to design a Victorian or earlier mansion built around a medieval keep the that eventually becomes a modern villain's lair. ;) )