Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorJay_NOLA
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2017

Sorry for the OT post, but I want to just let my online friends, etc. know that I'm not going to be able to post in the future it looks like.

I was in an car accident on Tuesday , the 9th. I was hit in a bank parking lot while at a full stop. They guy who hit me latter backed into me when I got out of my car and tried to get his plate info. (So I got hit twice.) He removed the temp plate he had up. I was on phone with insurance and police and he backed into me while I stood behind him and fled the scene.
    He and his friend are on camera as they had gone into the bank or had just used the ATM, so he will get caught eventually I've been told. They went into the bank or used the ATM as they were leaving. So I got hit twice. So he can be tracked down at least.
    Started to feel upper back pain Tuesday night and it got worse on Wednesday. Friday I couldn't even move. I managed to see a doctor that the lawyer I got sent me to. I'm also seeing colors off at the moment. Friday I started having massive pain near the orbits of my eyes and headaches. Saturday started to feel crushing pain around the chest. My vision is now very burly and I'm very dizzy.

I've tried to stay active somewhat after Tuesday, but I can't even walk now. I'm with a friend who is typing for me while I dictate while I wait for another friend of ours to come help get me to a hospital. The friend I'm white now doesn't drive. I've been staying at my friend's as much as I can since the criminal hit me. (By fleeing the scene and other actions, like removing his vehicle's temporary plate right after the accident so it couldn't be seen he commuted a felony. I was yelling at him to show the tag while on the phone with the police and an insurance agent when he fled. He did hold it up and I did read the tag to the insurance agent and emergency operator.

In addition to all of that I have been having declining health for over year and am dealing with so I'm not sure how bad of shape I'm in. I'm very scared, afraid, alone, and in pain. Not sure what I'll do for a car in the future as I'm disabled and can't afford to get mine fixed or if I'll even be able to function in the near future.

Anyway, really love all the Community atlas maps I've been looking at right before I got injured.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag

HOLY CRAP Jay. I'm so sorry to hear this! I hope that it's just temporary until the docs can isolate the problem and treat it properly. I hope you come to realize that you're not alone. Your friends appear to be there for you, and, for what it's worth, I'm sure the PF community is with you in spirit. My thoughts are with you. Hang in there!

~Dogtag
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

I am truly sorry to hear this. I sincerely hope that you will be able to recover from this, and that they manage to capture and convict that criminal.

Thanks for posting this update. At least we know why you won't be posting. I hope for your speedy recovery and return to the community.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Good Luck and I hope they catch the criminal !
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

OMG :(

What the heck kind of a B could do a thing like that?

Hope they lock him up and throw away the keys!

Praying for a full and proper recovery for you, Jay...
    My prayers are with.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

OH MY GOD!!!! Jay, i am so sorry to hear of this! The RN in me is setting off bells and alarms.....so i am glad you are on your way to hospital. I am sending good healthy, healing nurse-y vibes your way. Don't worry, we will all still be here when you are feeling well and return to us. For now....take care! Speedy recovery to you and don't worry....Karma will track down that little jerk and he'll get his.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Don't be afraid, Jay.

Fear makes everything seem worse and worse. I'm hoping that you are even now sleeping in painless comfort - assured by the medical staff that you really will be ok, and that you just need some time to heal properly :)
    • CommentAuthorTonnichiwa

Jay, I am praying for your full recovery and for your well being. I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you and I am looking forward to when you can come back and be more active in the community. We're here for you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

I too hope they catch the criminal, but that is really nowhere near as important as your recovery. I have a disabled wife, and can easily relate to your health concerns. I hope very much that they are temporary, and you have friends and family to help you with your loneliness and fear. I was quite shook up for you when I read the post. Be strong and full of hope. May the doctors get you better soon.
    • CommentAuthorBarliman

Jeebus! I'm so sorry this happened to you! I sure hope they nail that SOB to the wall for this and that your recovery is much easier than you fear.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2017

Very sorry to hear this. Best wishes from here. :(
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI
    • CommentTime6 days ago

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope for your full recovery.
    • CommentAuthorCalibre
    • CommentTime6 days ago

Oh man, so sorry! Blessed Be and Be well.

The criminals will be caught.

Cal
    • CommentAuthorcrb31
    • CommentTime2 days ago

I am very sorry to hear of your accident and hope you a speedy recovery.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMedio
    • CommentTime1 day ago

Damm. Sorry to hear this. Wish you all the best luck.