Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorTonnichiwa
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2017 edited

Hi everyone,

About a month ago I was contacted through this site by the Warrington Gamers Club. They asked me to make a map for them of a part of South Carolina that had been attacked by Zombies and was now fortified. Now the map is done and I thought I would share it here with you all.

I hope you enjoy this little zombie apocalypse town now called Sparta ARC.
      South Carolina Final Map.JPG
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2017

This is great, Tony!

Thanks Lorelei :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Looks great. Love the trees in the water - we see lots of that around Australia.

Thanks Quenten. It is a very accurate map. I spent a lot of time making sure it was as accurate as I could get it. Every house that wasn't just a box shape was made with the house drawing tool to look as close as possible to the real one. I even tried to put in the porches properly on most of the houses. And each and every little piece of that seaweed scum you see was placed by hand. I tried to get them as close as I could to the pattern in the actual water. Almost every car is the proper color and in the place where those people park them. Same with all of the boats and RV's.

If you guys want to go look at the real map, it is the Cross and Longpoint Road area around Lake Moultrie in South Carolina on Google Earth.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Any chance of an enlarged version of this. The detail is incredible.

It is already at its maximum size that this site will allow. I plan on putting it up on the Cartographer's Guild too, at somewhere around 9 MB so that should be big enough to see it at a bigger size. But bigger size means you get to see all of my mistakes too :P

But, I probably won't be uploading it anytime soon as to render it that big takes about three hours, it's 4:30 AM and I haven't been to bed yet. It will probably be up sometime tomorrow though.
    • CommentAuthorScottA

Nice.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

They should be really happy with that, Tony :D
    • CommentAuthorJMunsonII

Now that's a map! Nice job! :D

Thanks ScottA, Loopysue, and JMunsonII :)

Ok, if anyone wants to go look at this map in a larger version, it is up on the Cartographers Guild in the Finished Map section.
    • CommentAuthorTopdecker
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2017

Digging it - cool map! Well done.
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2017

Thanks Topdecker :)
    • CommentAuthorCalibre
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2017

Excellent. And I agree we here in the Carolinas need a good Zombie Attack!

This is City Designer?

Cal
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2017

Thanks Calibre,

Most of it is City Designer, but there are a few symbols from Dungeon Designer, and Symbol Set 3, modern.