Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2017

And here we go with the final Annual being available for CC3+: Vol 1 (2007) is now available from your registration page. It's been a guilty pleasure going through those styles I've been putting together more than 10 years ago.

Thanks to Dogtag for all the work on converting these! We've also updated the free sample issues, and if you don't have the Annuals (yet), you can grab those here.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2017 edited

Many, many thanks to you guys!!!

Dogtag, you are awesome! doffs cap
    • CommentAuthorTonnichiwa

This is fantastic! Thank you Ralf and Dogtag for working on these and getting them out for everyone! I've been wanting to see what the Blend Modes will do to some of these older maps for a while now. So now that they are available for CC3+, I'll be doing some experimenting.

Thanks again guys!

One question, will the documentation for the annuals ever be updated to CC3+?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf

We will probably not be going through all the mapping guides to update these for the CC3+ interface/functions. That's unfortunately just too much work.
    • CommentAuthorWyvern

Wonderful stuff - even the Mercator Style in CC3+ now!
    • CommentAuthorkathorus

Yes, Finally, Mercator!

Thanks for all the work Ralf and Dogtag. You guys have been knocking it out of the park.
    • CommentAuthorTonnichiwa

Ok, Good to know. Thank you Ralf.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Posted By: kathorusYes, Finally, Mercator!
    Indeed.
    • CommentAuthorBarliman

Excellent! Great work, guys!
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2017 edited

My very favourite annual - Mercator, John Speed, Sarah Wroot, Inns and Cathedral, caves, 19th century city and Make Your own style - OMG. Thanks to you Dogtag, you're the best! (well, equal best with Ralf and Monsen - the three musketeers!)
    • CommentAuthorBarliman

Oooh, I'd forgotten the John Speed style was in here. That might just go well with the B&W overland map I did a while back.
    Awesome!
    • CommentAuthorScottA

Hoo-raw!
    I gave in to temptation and purchased Annual 1, my main interest was the Mercator style and the Speed city maps. For the post part this seems to install and run successfully under Linux, although the font size issue is present for the example maps in the Mercator style. I haven't carried out much checking for the other components as yet.

However I have noticed with the Mercator style the default sea tool seems to be drawing on the ocean background sheet, putting it behind any land. I would have expected this to be working on something like the lakes sheet. Is this a general thing or just something specific to my setup?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2017

Posted By: AndrewPFreemanHowever I have noticed with the Mercator style the default sea tool seems to be drawing on the ocean background sheet, putting it behind any land.
    This is the intended behavior, and is like this in just about any style. You need this, otherwise it would be very difficult drawing different-shaded waters around a landmass, since you would have to trace the coastline instead of just letting it "hide" beneath it, and it would also block the glow of the landmass. Sea drawing tools are not intended for drawing lakes, you have separate tools for that.
    Thanks. I should have paused to think for a few seconds before typing and then I would have remembered that. I obviously need to spend some time getting back into mapping and relearning to use the software. Overall another excellent annual.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2017

Hurrah ! Downloaded and installed.