Selecting an entity can sometimes be difficult.....

So what I mean, if you have two entities up against each other, is there a way to select one specifically? Usually CC3 wants you to grab the edge, and thats where the difficulty comes in (for me). Is there a way for cc3 to select by the middle of an entity?

If its obvious, I apologize. I have been mapping for 5 days so far.

Thank you!

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    I recommend you review the editing chapter in the manual, it starts by explaining the different method you can use to ensure you select the desired entity.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    Hi damonm, welcome to CC3 and the ProFantasy forum.

I also recommend the excellent blog essay on selecting techniques, by RA Jacobs.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
  • ScottAScottA Surveyor
    Hi, damonm. If the objects are on different sheets you can just hide the other sheet. That's usually the easiest way to grab an object for editing without having to dance around other nearby objects. Hide is your friend!
  • TopdeckerTopdecker Traveler
    Too bad there is not a MOVE ALL LIKE THIS command or something similar.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited May 2017
    Posted By: TopdeckerToo bad there is not a MOVE ALL LIKE THIS command or something similar.
    Well, that depends on what you mean with "like this". CC3's selection mechanism can easily select items according to various criteria, such as all items on a specific layer, all items of a specific color, all items with a specific fill, or all items of a specific type (symbol, line, polygon, text, etc). The conditions can also be combined (using AND, OR or NOT) for additional control. CC3's selections are quite powerful and flexible.