Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorkevbeck43
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2017

I am able to render this map up to 1600x1280 with no problem but when I hit 1800x1480 it blows up and gives me what you see below. Any ideas on what is causing this. I pulled down some of the effects already and it did no good. I also tried jpeg and bitmap and both of them came up with the same line. Any ideas as to what this is?
    • CommentAuthorkevbeck43

Here is the pic....
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

What does it do when it 'blows up'?

Is the picture wrong or something? Does CC3 crash?

Need more details please :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

This happens because CC3+ can't render the entire image in one go, it has to divide it into segments. Unfortunately, lighting effects with an origin outside the current segment won't be rendered properly.

You can change the number of pixels used by CC3+ by following the instructions in Sue's post here
    • CommentAuthorkevbeck43

Posted By: MonsenThis happens because CC3+ can't render the entire image in one go, it has to divide it into segments. Unfortunately, lighting effects with an origin outside the current segment won't be rendered properly.

You can change the number of pixels used by CC3+ by following the instructions in Sue's posthere

This didn't work. It didn't hurt though so that I guess is good. I will keep fiddling with it or just cast it aside and work a different map. It's funny thought I have another map with similar effects that I can render up around 4000x3200 with no issues.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Any chance of uploading the FCW to see if we have the same problem?
    • CommentAuthorkevbeck43

Here is the FCW. Thanks for checking on this. I think it has something to do with the lights but I'm not sure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

It's not actually, it only looked that way, causing me to come to the wrong conclusion. Try this version:
    • CommentAuthorkevbeck43

You did it! What did you do? Seriously though, I really want to know so that I can fix it in the future if its something really simple. Thank you Monsen!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

It was was an issue of too sharp angled in relation to the width of the line. I misinterpreted it as the light rendering issue, because I was not aware that these stray lines would also block light, the result looked very similar to that issue.
    All I did with our drawing was use the REDN (Reduce nodes) command on the wall. You'll notice that it has less nodes than in your original version. This isn't a universal fix for this problem, sometimes you need to hunt down the roughe nodes and remove them individually, but in this case, REDN seems to have done the job just fine (unless you mind the reduced node count)
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI

Posted By: MonsenIt was was an issue of too sharp angled in relation to the width of the line. I misinterpreted it as the light rendering issue, because I was not aware that these stray lines would also block light, the result looked very similar to that issue.

Haha, damn. I wrote a post saying just that. But you replied at the same time saying something completely different. So i changed my post into a whisper to myself saying 'blub'.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Posted By: HadrianVIBut you replied at the same time saying something completely different.
    Never assume I am always right.
    • CommentAuthorkevbeck43

I saw that you did something to the wall. I will make a note of this for the future. Shout out to you Monsen, you have helped me out more than once with things like this. Thanks.