Fractalise causing crash

Hi all.

I'm going through the Tome of Ultimate Mapping CC3+ tutorial. I'm on page 22. I have created a landmass and successfully deleted the border around the landmass. Then on Step 5 on page 22, I click the Fractilise button and CC3+ crashes every time. I get the error message fcw32.exe has stopped working.

Given that Step 5 represents only like 3 minutes of mapping, I deleted the map and recreated it and had the same problem.

My hardware is a 2016 15" MacBook Pro. I'm running macOS 10.12.4. I have a Windows 10 Pro VM set up using Parallels Desktop Pro 12.2.0. I have used CC3+ extensively with this setup and never had any problems.

I also tried the same procedures with CC3+ on my Windows gaming computer, which has some beefy specs and runs Windows 10 Home. I had the same problem, same crash, during the same step.

In both cases (running CC3+ on the Windows VM on my MacBook Pro, and running CC3+ on my Windows gaming computer) I have CC3+ fully up to date. I own every product that ProFantasy publishes, and on both machines all products and add-ons are installed and up to date.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thank you.

Comments