Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorCNYGamer
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2017

Hi all.

I'm going through the Tome of Ultimate Mapping CC3+ tutorial. I'm on page 22. I have created a landmass and successfully deleted the border around the landmass. Then on Step 5 on page 22, I click the Fractilise button and CC3+ crashes every time. I get the error message fcw32.exe has stopped working.

Given that Step 5 represents only like 3 minutes of mapping, I deleted the map and recreated it and had the same problem.

My hardware is a 2016 15" MacBook Pro. I'm running macOS 10.12.4. I have a Windows 10 Pro VM set up using Parallels Desktop Pro 12.2.0. I have used CC3+ extensively with this setup and never had any problems.

I also tried the same procedures with CC3+ on my Windows gaming computer, which has some beefy specs and runs Windows 10 Home. I had the same problem, same crash, during the same step.

In both cases (running CC3+ on the Windows VM on my MacBook Pro, and running CC3+ on my Windows gaming computer) I have CC3+ fully up to date. I own every product that ProFantasy publishes, and on both machines all products and add-ons are installed and up to date.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thank you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2017 edited

Yea, it is a know problem. While waiting for an update to fix it, you can use the FRXM macro command instead. It is basically the same, just with all input on the command line (The default value for strength is 0.3, depth 1)
    • CommentAuthorCNYGamer
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2017

Oh okay. Thanks for the quick response and for the workaround! Love this community.