Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorScottA
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2017

Does anyone have a good way to create rough water and white caps? There are a few rough water bmp tiles, but they don't really work for what I'm doing. And nice, foamy whitecaps? Suggestions? Hints? Tricks?
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

usually draw white lines of various widths on one or two sheets with a blur effect like around the rocks in the example pic below. For the surf, its circles in different sizes layer over each other with, again, the blur effect. It is your friend :)
      Capture.PNG
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Just what I need for The Bleakness - thanks Lorelei
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2017 edited

Very nice, Lorelei.

I was trying to figure out how to do that for the Vyrn map. So now I can probably finay make some progress. Thanks!:)
    • CommentAuthorScottA

Hm... interesting. Thanks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2017

Lorelei, any chance of a step-by-step tutorial on this, showing the exact effects used, and how to draw them? I am sure the whole community is interested in this - look at the response in such a short time.
    • CommentAuthorScottA

^^^Oh yes, what Quenten said! Love the effect and a step-by-step tutorial would be fantastic (and probably save a lot of experimenting time).
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

Thanks....i'll try to put something together?? I've been pretty busy this week with RL work and I just accepted some commission work with a deadline - so i don't think i've much time - but i promise to try :) Really, though, they are just squiggly white lines drawn with the freehand sketch tool on various sheets with varying levels of "blur". Easy peasy :)
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2017

Yippeee !