Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2017

So I've decided to try this region in the DeRust Annual style. Progress (i worked on this last night before contacting Remy or Hadrian) so far. Critiques welcome as you all know i'm not much of an overland/regional mapper :)
      Mercia.PNG
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2017 edited

Now, this is very beautiful.

The only thing I disagree with your post is you saying that you're not much of an overland mapper. Of course you are! You make great overland maps. The fact that you are even better when it comes to battlemaps, with which you are truly brilliant, does not change a thing.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2017

Thank you, Hadrian. But really, aside from battle maps the cities, regional and overland really give my anxiety! I'll post last night's progress later today, i've gotten A LOT done :)
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2017 edited

Comments and progress were lost last night....just wanted to thank everyone for their comments and critiques (even though they have disappeared, lol) Thanks @Barliman for holding back on pointing out all my river faux pas, @Quenten for pointing out the oddball river, and @HadrianVI for the amazing continent of Doriant i was able to work off of :)

And, @Dogtag, regarding your comment about the naming....thank you, my own surname is tucked away in this map, too :) I actually used quite a few of my family tree names (altered a bit) within this map :)
      MERCIA MAP SMALL.png
    • CommentAuthorScottA
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2017

Very nice. Rivers and roads are the things I struggle with the most! I think these look great, though.
    • CommentAuthorJMunsonII

This is a fantastic map! :)
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI

Very nice work, Lorelei. Thanks for your beautiful contribution to Doriant.:)
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

Thanks all. I'll be forwarding off to Remy later tonight. Thanks for all the kind words :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Love it.