Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorJay_NOLA
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2017

I was going to install one of the new CC3+ Annuals (Vol. 4) and got told I needed to update CC3+. I downloaded Update 10 and got an error message during the install.

It says cannot create the file C:\Program Files\ProFantasy\CC3Plus\Images\StripingCA106.png A directory with this name already exists. Cancel the install and try again.

I clicked Abort and then it went and did some install of a a font and got the menu key'.

I checked and noticed I had installed Update 10 several weeks ago. So I'm not sure why the annual said I needed to update CC3+

So do I need to uninstall something or run a repair or something?
    • CommentAuthorJimP

I had copied an Annual issue over that hadn't been updated. And I got a similar error when I installed the Annual after it was updated. I selected Ignore and it worked okay. But I think Remy should answer to. He knows more about this than I do, or DogTag could help.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2017 edited

The installer should overwrite existing files. Did you have that file open in another program or something perhaps?

In any case, I recommend running Update 10 again and doing a repair install (if given the choice). If you continue getting the error message, I recommend you contact support
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

My problem with the latest Update is the factthat CC3+ crashes whenever I try to fractalize an existing entity, though no problems drawing a fractalized entity. Trouble is, I have no control over the fractalization details. Hope this gets fixed soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Sure, I will do this, but others have also had this problem.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Yeah, me to, fractalize causes a 'close program'. My apologies for not mentioning it earlier.

I didn't have any Profantasy product open, except the installer. I had to tell it Ignore to get it to continue installing an Annual when I had copied one issue of symbols over all ready.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2017

I know that it was a problem for me because i had Perspectives installed and thought the next update would include a fix for it. Until then, I removed Perspectives and it works fine - which isn't a problem for me since i rarely used it to date.
    • CommentAuthorJay_NOLA
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2017

Sorry if this shows up again.

My reply post got deleated, then showed up again, and then got deleated again.

I contacted support. The updater installer was still doing it even on a repair install.

Ralf said that the file isn't essential and it ought not to even be in that location. So if clicking ignore works just to do that.