Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2017

I'm opening this thread to collect information on Kickstarter projects that are of interest to us map-makers and specifically CC3+ users. Feel free to jump in and post if see something interesting, just mention it if you are affiliated with a project you post about.

Here is the first:

Print-on-Demand Cartography

Nord Games is running a KS to fund a large-scale printer for POD services, and in the process are offering poster-sized prints as rewards. They have a range of great ready-to-print maps to choose from, and you can also get your own designs done. Check them out here.
    • CommentAuthorScottA
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2017

Looks like Nord Games has canceled their KS.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2017

Yep, just hours (if not minutes) after I posted here. Doh!
    • CommentAuthorTopdecker
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2017 edited

Meanders 2 Sci-Fi maps with an option to support for PNG resources:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gametilewarehouse/meanders-2-48-new-digital-sci-fi-maps-and-terrains

(I am not affiliated with the creator/owner of the project, just passing it along as a kickstarter option to possibly expand your cartography resources.)
    • CommentAuthortaustinoc
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2017

Mike Schley has put up a kickstarter for an adventure module, that includes some typically beautiful maps as JPEGs - and at the $20 level, includes ".PNG tokens and textures".
    • CommentAuthorpvernon

Taustinoe, do you have a link or the url to the kickstarter?
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

• CommentAuthortaustinoc

Damn. I could have sworn I put it in. Thank you Lorelei for being more on the ball than me. I think he's going to make his $10k goal in the first 24 hours.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

Well, he got my $$ :) I've been following this for a bit, as i follow Mike on Twitter. I figure, heck, it saves me some mapping time - the prints will be gorgeous and that saves me on printing costs, AND i get some new .pngs to use in my own maps? Well, hot damn, he sure did get my $$! LOL
    • CommentAuthortaustinoc

Yeah, he got mine, too. There's no such thing as too many symbols for mapping.
    Thanks for posting this! I just pledged $20 to Schley, such an amazing talent, I wish him the best of luck.
    • CommentAuthorGathar
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2017

For once, I think I will let this kickstarter pass. Don't get me wrong: I love this mapping style, and the map looks gorgeous, this is not the question. But for the price, all we get is some variations around one map, and some scenario tips. I would expect something more like 3 different maps for this price, along with a large scale scenario...
    Yeah I don't really care what I get I just wanted to support him because I think he's a brilliant artist. I may as well put my money into something that I love.
    • CommentAuthorTopdecker
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2017 edited