Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2017 edited

So, here's where I'm at with this one. I've stuck strictly to the Scorching Sun annual - with the exception of the font. You'll all get a regular old font on this. This is a download I got off one of my favorite sites. It's called XXII-Arabian-OneNightStand :)
      Shifting Sands.PNG
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2017

Wow! Very beautiful map. Great work.
    Wow is right! Very nice! :-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2017

Love the map, Lorelei. And I now have the font, so I can see the font as illustrated, rather than just the regular font. Thanks for sharing the font info
    • CommentAuthorBarliman

This is beautiful. I love the colors and the play of the light on the mountains.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

I can see the sandworms of Arrakis somewhere there!
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

Thanks guys :) I think i'll play around a little bit more with it before sending it to Remy! Any suggestions?
    • CommentAuthorWyvern
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2017 edited

Don't despair folks! The font is available as a free download via the link on this page on Dafont.com.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

So here's the final map....I wanted this map to be all in the Scorched Sun style, however below I added a frame made with a Bogie fill if anyone is interested. I just thought it presented nicely in the frame :) But hey, that's just me and my aesthetic. Anyway, unless anyone has any suggestions, i'll send this one in (minus the frame) to Remy tomorrow. Thanks all.
      Shifting Sands Framed.PNG
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Looks beautiful, and very Arabian Nights
    • CommentAuthorBarliman

I like the frame. It has a nice "Arabian Nights' feel to it.
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI

This is really, really beautiful. Amazing work!

Just one little thing: The text below the Scale bar looks a bit odd. Maybe it is because the text is to small to see the characteristics of the font in this view. But I'd probably go for a more subtle font for this text.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2017 edited

Posted By: HadrianVIThis is really, really beautiful. Amazing work!

Just one little thing: The text below the Scale bar looks a bit odd. Maybe it is because the text is to small to see the characteristics of the font in this view. But I'd probably go for a more subtle font for this text.

Thank you for your input....i completely agree - i toned it down a bit :)
      Shifting Sands Framed2.PNG
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

What a pity the frame cannot be used in the atlas - I thought if it was a Bogies fill, you could.
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI

Now it is simply perfect.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

Posted By: QuentenWhat a pity the frame cannot be used in the atlas - I thought if it was a Bogies fill, you could.

Oh, of course, it can. I was trying to complete this map using ONLY the annual - believe me, it was killing me that i couldn't tap into other symbols and fills that i felt this style lacked a bit of. But I wanted to really stick with the one style (for a change, lol). Of course, if you like the frame that much, i can certainly share it with you. I think such a garish frame would be distracting from the "somewhat" continuity of the atlas - and i don't believe there are any framed maps, and if so, they are so subtle, i don't recall them

Thank you for your critiques and compliments - as usual, they are much appreciated ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2017

The Shifting Sands is now available in the atlas. Thanks for the contribution.