Isometric Slavers Dungeon

Finished this first project since I purchased the software last weekend. Overall pretty happy with how it came out.
I wish I had more time to work on shadows and lighting effects to really throw it over the top and give it the proper mood but unfortunately I needed this finished in time for the game this weekend and couldn't afford to spend more time on it.

Comments

• This looks great! I've never really spent much time working with my Perspectives....this certainly gives me some inspiration! Thanks for sharing :)
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited April 2017
    Holy cats, that's gorgeous! I love how you doubled up the tables to make [uncomfortable] bunk beds. Is that rocky cave entrance a PER3 symbol (at a larger scale)? It looks great!

The slave pens look fantastic, if, you know, crappy. But, uh... what's up with the crazy glowing crystals in the storage area? Yikes.

Thanks for sharing!
    ~Dogtag
  • Hahaha! Yeah I couldn't find bunks so I home-made some.
    The cave entrance took a bit of work and adding additional layers but it's a bunch of different rocks, scaled, rotated, etc.
    I don't like how it lined up versus the dungeon's lines.. like the perspective is off but like I mentioned, I could only play around for so long.

The glowies in the last room are meant to be two portals but that's all I could find that kind of resembled what I had in mind.

I was surprised by how limited the tool is compared to the other drawing methods. I haven't really been able to find any other resources either but oh well, it still works for what I had in mind.
  • I think all of it looks great, including the entrance. Very nice!
  • Both the entrance and bunks are great, and a credit to your ingenuity. Love to see more of this - you could become our resident perspectives expert! And yes, we DO need more tools for Perspectives - hint hint Ralf and Monsen et al.
  • I have been semi-working on Iso tunnels for my Crestar site and my Archipelago.
  • True, JimP, I forgot those - they were great too. I just have had difficulty making anyhing worthwhile with perspectives - too hard for my old brain
  • I really love the cave entrance you made - cool! :-)
  • Thanks guys, appreciate it! I'll make sure to keep posting maps as I make them for my campaign.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
  • Posted By: QuentenTrue, JimP, I forgot those - they were great too. I just have had difficulty making anyhing worthwhile with perspectives - too hard for my old brain
    Ah, I can somewhat visualize in 3D... so it doesn't give me headaches to work on Iso tunnels. But I am still getting used to what squence symbols go in. And I mean, changing levels. I can do a basic iso tunnel with no problem. Its adding in the stairs and getting a lower area just below a passageway to look good.

A set of fogs, waters, bridges, streams, etc. to use in addition to the current Iso/Per 3 symbols would be great.
  • Agreed, there's a severe lack of basic resources at the moment.
    I can make some snazzy simple dungeons & buildings but that's about it... can't really make outdoor maps or caves.
    There's also no way to get a staircase in PER3 using the drawing style I picked which is the weirdest thing in the world... I could slap a 3D looking "realistic" staircase in but that's it lol.