Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2017 edited

This is a world I doodled up when I was 12, and had just come back from a school trip to Norfolk Island, 5 km south of Norfolk island is a barren island called Phillip Island (named after Australia's first Governor, and leader of the First Fleet that started the prison colony at Sydney - yes, you were right, Aussies are all criminally inclined :D ). The map of PhillipIsland intrigued me, and I designed a continent based on it. (the actual island is only 2x2 km). Then the world making began, with history, theology and a book based on final sacrifice and redemption. More of that in a later post. This has stayed with me, and influenced mu present world of Myirandios, with many of the same Gods, Anyway, here is the map I drew as a kid, then years later drew it in CC2 Pro, and now I will update it nito CC3+ probably 13th Age style. Early advice desired.
      alayn2.png
      AlAyn.JPG
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2017

Obviously the names and symbols need to be larger - I am aware of that. also, more terrain.
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2017

Nice map!:) I'm looking forward to see the CC3+ version.
    Cool! I look forward to learning more about your world. :-)
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2017

Awesome stuff! I wish i still had some of my drawings from years back....I've moved a few times and sadly lost a lot of books and papers in one of the moves :( Looking forward to seeing you update this!
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

I remember I used a stanley knife to cut the thick cardboard the map was mounted on (done on graph paper as you can see), and it cut into the carpet below - boy, was Mum wild with me. I still remember the thrashing she gave me with a stck cut from the plum tree in our backyard. But those were the days when that sort of thing was acceptable - parents really did believe in the adage "Spare the rod and spoil the child'. But memories stick. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Just as a reference of Interest, here is the Google Earth pic of Phillip Island, just 5 km south of Norfolk Island.
      Norfolk Is-Phillip Island.jpg
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI

Nice Island.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2017 edited

How sad is it that the satellite photo looks fake to me?
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

Posted By: DogtagHow sad is it that the satellite photo looks fake to me?

Me too! I actually thought it was until i fully scrolled down and saw "Google"
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2017

Here is the old map redone, so far, in 13th Age style, with a few And Here There be Monsters style thrown in. Rivers, Forests, roads, swamps and cliffs to come, plus more detail in the mountains. Criticisma please.
      AlAyn 13th Age Style.JPG
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2017 edited

13th Age style is so cool, and it suits this map nicely. That's some crazy detail in the islands to the north! The beveled land in this style really makes those pop.
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI

Very nice map. Great job, Quenten.
    Wow - really cool! :-)
    • CommentAuthorBarliman

Nice work!
    • CommentAuthorJimP

wowsers !