Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2017

Hello

I started with Kraken Island and I wanted to try out the Treasure Island Style, because I haven't used this style before and the island seemed well suited for this purpose although it is probably a bit large for this style (the scale bar has fixed numbers which only go up to 4 miles...).
    Unfortunately the style does not have many symbols and the Schley Ink symbols don't work, because they are not transparent. So I had to draw most of the symbols by myself using the drawtools that come with CC3+.

This is what I have so far.
      Kraken Island.JPG
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2017

I'll give that island a miss - I have a bad feeling about all the baddies lurking by.
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2017

Well, it's no tropical paradise. One doesn't visit this island to make holidays but to find treasure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

And get killed, obviously. I'll send my minions instead! :D
    Parchment maps are always cool! :-)
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Yeah, thats a bad place... rumors of land crawling octopi, very large ones.
    • CommentAuthorTopdecker

Very nice, I really like it!

You might experiment with making the radial cartouche increasingly more transparent. It also might not hurt if the island broke the cartouches circle - it might make things feel a bit more integrated.
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2017

Getting killed is ideally not the purpose of a visit to Kraken Island - but it might happen anyway. So, sending minions would probably be a good choice.

Crawling octopi are a nice yet frightening idea. Thank you for that JimP.

@Topdecker: Thank you. Honestly, I have no clue how I could make the nav lines increasingly more transparent...
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2017 edited

So here's my next update. I've mostly worked on the Idea Jim gave me.
    I hope you guys like it.
      Kraken Island III.JPG
      Kraken Island II.JPG
    • CommentAuthorjslayton

Ah, the famous air krakens of Fargoth. How I miss them. More dangerous than the giant flying man-o-wars that dragged their tentacles across many a city near the coast, but mostly just due to their intelligence and ability to go other than as the wind blew them.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

Good stuff! I really like this style. It's a nice, clean map!
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI

Thank you.

I'll probably add a bit more details (shades) to the mountain symbols but otherwise I'll leave it as it is, i think.