Left Side of Map Cut off when printing with CutePDF

Hello All.

I just noticed this problem. When I print out my map, it cuts off the left 2 columns of hexes and about 1/2 - 1 hex off the top, so instead of the first hex being printed 0000, it is 0301.

I am using an HP7610 printer. My settings are:
Printer Name CutePDF writer.
View to print: Everything.
Common Prints on All
Scale Factor Paper Distance = 1 Drawing Distance = 1
Tiling: # HORIZ 3, # Vert 2 Overlap 5%
Landscape.

Advanced Options:
Paper Size 11 x 17
Scaling: 100%
Document Options: Right then Down

Since I scan and import a paper map (which is 1:100000 scale), I want the paper and image distance to be the same, which is why I use 1:1

I print on SuperB paper (13 x 19) and set the actual print job so the map is centered on the paper. I have another printer that will print borderless and in that case I would just print on 11 x 17 paper, but the online print shop can't do that. However, the actual printing does not seem to be the issue.

I have attached a screen shot of the CC3 map view, you can see there, there are 2.5 blank hexes on the right. For some reason, when I input the map size and then drag in a scanned map image, it never fits, but that is not a real issue for me.

The first time I printed the thing with 0 overlap, the 2.5 hexes of nothing printed in full, severely truncating the left side of the map. (

I then selected 5% overlap (screen shot attached). The obvious thing here is that the right side hexes are much reduced, but the left side still shops off about 1.5 hexes.

I tried 10% overlap and the blank hexes disappear (yay!) but the top row and left side are still cut off.

I then gave a go with Document Options set to Left and Down, but that didn't do anything.

I had previously printed out the scanned map with no hexes on it to see how the map would lay out with just the map image. In that case, the whole map printed.
Then I printed out a copy of just the scanned map, but with hexes imposed on it, and that caused the map size to be truncated.

I'm pretty stumped.

Comments