Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorSaito S
    • CommentTime4 days ago

I'm back again with another "I'm sure there's a way to do this, I just can't figure it out" question!

So, what I've got is a map that has a background and map border that's much bigger than it needs to be. What happened is, I had decided to re-arrange the provinces of this country I was working on, and so to do that, I enlarged the "canvas" of the map, to give myself plenty of room to work with while making the changes. Now, I've mostly finished with those changes, and have determined how big I want the total map area to ultimately be. So I need to scale the background and map border back down, but here is my dilemma.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/axgn2v3ss0jmnqz/NW15.PNG?dl=0
    (just a direct link to the full-size image, because I only have this one uploaded in Dropbox, and I'm not aware of a way to generate a thumbnail for a Dropbox image).

See how the North American continent just STOPS over on the right, in the south? That's where I want my background and map border to actually end. So basically, I want to scale Y down by about 300, but I need some way to tell the program to scale it by cutting off the bottom portion of the map only, rather than scaling by pulling it in at the bottom and top. Is there a way to do this? Thanks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTime4 days ago edited

When scaling, you are prompted to select the scale origin/center. Everything else will scale towards/away from this point. So, by making the scale origin along the top of the map (top left corner for example), you should get what you want.
    • CommentAuthorSaito S
    • CommentTime4 days ago

Hmm I don't remember now where I put it. So I'll have to try that tonight when I'm home. Thanks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTime4 days ago

Note that it is important to place it precisely. Use Snaps or the endpoint modifier to make sure it ends up exactly in the corner.