Update 10 for CC3+ hangs/freezes

For some reason, the update 10 is not installing on my Surface Pro 3, running Win10. I've tried to install it multiple times, but either does one of two things:
1) Freezes just after it starts, the bar doesn't move and it stays that way for several minutes.
2) It appears to be almost completely done (progress bar is full) but it does not progress past that.

Any ideas? I've not had any issues with other add-ons or patches (except some missing files from the Dundjinni Archives).

I didn't have any problems on my desktop system, running Win10.

Comments

• Did you run the installation file as administrator?
    This usually helps preventing any issues.
  • Yes, I installed by right-clicking and selecting Run as Admin.

I tried install something else such as SS4 and had a similar problem. Gets to 100% on the progress bar, But can't seem to finish the last bit. Oddly, when I opened CC3+ (just because), the SS4 icon was there and the toolbar present with all of the icons. But of course no objects were loaded.

Even uninstalling something I had previously installed and working, SS3 seems to hang. I'm thinking that a full wipe and reinstall might be required.

Something odd that I noticed when canceling the installs, the install file is listed twice in the Details tab under Task Manager. This is true for SS3, SS4, and the Update 10. All show the install file listed twice, 1 with about 2MB in RAM, the other with a lot more (13+MB).
  • GatharGathar Traveler
    Did you give it enough time? Last update I tried, it seemed to be stuck (previously, updates were much faster), but I let it run for some time (I went to sleep I think), and when I came back, it was done, and worked well.
  • ^^Ditto on Gathar's comment - this update "hung" for a few minutes on my system as well, but i let it be for a bit, and when i came back, it was done
  • Ditto ditto to Lorelei (but not so long as Gathar LOL )
  • Thanks for the input. I'll give it another try and see how it goes. I don't recall it ever taking longer than 20 mins to install an update or add-on before. If it doesn't work after an hour or so I'll just wipe and start over.
  • Hmm, maybe there's something to that "a watched pot never boils" saying, because I just set it up to install and then ignored it. When I looked up it was done. Maybe my computer knew that stronger measures were coming. Or maybe it was a case of PEBCAK. Either way, thanks for the input and encouragement.