I got the e-mail that TUM 3+ was available but it's not in my Downloads/Updates.

Hi All,

I got the e-mail that Tome of Ultimate Mapping 3+ was available but it's not in my Downloads/Updates. Is there a different procedure to get the updated TUM?

Thanks!

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    There should be a link in your email that let's you order the Tome v3+ (for free if you already have TUM3). It's counted as a new product, therefore it does not simply show up under the v3 downloads.

If people haven't received an email, I suggest you wait a couple hours and then contact me via the support form on your registration page.
  • caveCrawlercaveCrawler Traveler
    edited April 2017
    Posted By: RalfThere should be a link in your email that let's you order the Tome v3+ (for free if you already have TUM3). It's counted as a new product, therefore it does not simply show up under the v3 downloads.

If people haven't received an email, I suggest you wait a couple hours and then contact me via the support form on your registration page.
    Hello Ralf,

The link in my e-mail was for the 30% off version.

I sent you an e-mail.
  • Ralf, just a quick item. Checking the links in the Newsletter for the TUM3+ via this page, the "Take a peek at its content in the Tome 3+ preview" link, which goes to: https://s3.amazonaws.com/aws.profantasy.com/downloads/Tome+3++Preview.pdf , is broken, as I'm just getting an error message clicking on it. Going round by the usual PF webstore TUM3+ page, the link should be: https://s3.amazonaws.com/aws.profantasy.com/downloads/Tome3Plus_Preview.pdf , as that works fine! It looks as if there's a "%2B+" in the first address that should be just a "_".
  • I still have not got my email, any reason why? I am SO looking forward to it.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Posted By: WyvernRalf, just a quick item. Checking the links in the Newsletter for the TUM3+ viathis page, the "Take a peek at its content in the Tome 3+ preview" link, which goes to: https://s3.amazonaws.com/aws.profantasy.com/downloads/Tome+3++Preview.pdf , is broken, as I'm just getting an error message clicking on it. Going round by the usual PF webstore TUM3+ page, the link should be: https://s3.amazonaws.com/aws.profantasy.com/downloads/Tome3Plus_Preview.pdf , as that works fine! It looks as if there's a "%2B+" in the first address that should be just a "_".
    Thanks, that link is fixed now!
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Posted By: QuentenI still have not got my email, any reason why?
    Usually, mass email sending services space out the emails a bit to avoid the system breaking down, so generally, there will be quite a few hours between the first and last going out. I got mine 2 hours ago. But you could also check spam folders.
  • My email showed up about two hours ago, but gmail thought it would help be out a bit by stashing it in the 'Promotions' folder/tab, which I never look at....so your email may have actually arrived, but is hiding :-)

Have my TUM3+ now - wahoo!!!
  • I got mine and all is sweet. Sorry for being grumpy.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    This is really nice. Thanks Ralf and the PF team, especially Monsen!

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
  • Yes, FANTASTIC work Remy, Ralf, & PF team!
  • Downloaded mine this morning, looking forward to working through it and the manual as a "refresher course." :)
  • edited April 2017
    What I got in the email was this:

"An offer for you - buy CC3+, and get the new Tome free!

Campaign Cartographer 3+ is the premier map-making software for gamers. You own a previous version of Campaign Cartographer, so here is an offer for you. Buy CC3+ and get the very latest version of the Tome of Ultimate Mapping free. "

I went to the newsletter link and it says "Remy Monsen has updated and expanded the Tome of Ultimate Mapping to cover CC3+ and all its new features. The Tome has now more than 700 pages! "

I click on that link and it says "If you own the Tome of Ultimate Mapping v3, the Tome 3+ is a free update for you."

But above, it says "It's counted as a new product, therefore it does not simply show up under the v3 downloads."

I do not see the link anywhere to update my TUM v3 to TUM 3+.

I double checked my registration to verify the TUM version that I have and it is v3. (Charles Robinson's registration - Tome of Ultimate Mapping v3).

I have also gotten an email that says this "An offer: get the Tome of Ultimate Mapping 3+ at 30% off".

How do I get the free update?

Thanks!

:-)
  • If you follow the "you can get it free of charge here>> " link in the email, you'll get to a page where you have "other offers" on the right and regular order on the right. If you click on the Login button on the "other offers" side, you'll get a pop-up that will give you a voucher code (you'll have to write it down - I couldn't find any way to copy & paste), and that will zero out the cost.
  • edited April 2017
    I think that I am missing an email somewhere. :-)

I do not have "you can get it free of charge here>> " link in the emails.
  • Mass mailings go out slowly, as noted before. Give it a little time, but if you don't get it soon, contact support.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Posted By: CharlesWayneRobinsonAn offer for you - buy CC3+, and get the new Tome free!
    Is CC3+ properly registered to your account (and the same account the tome is on?). From the wording in the email, it sounds like the one intended for those not owning CC3+.
  • Should be, I looked it up and it is on my account. I had used a different email address a long time ago, but I got notices to both email accounts. And, the TUM was far more recent (with current email). Neither of them have the free upgrade listed.
    edited April 2017
    The new Tome is a separate product. There is no link to "update" your current version nor is there a link for a free upgrade. The "free" part of the transaction happens at purchase. The link in your email that you mentioned should take you to a purchase page.

You should probably ignore the email to your old account and just look at the one to the account where you have the Tome registered. if you have a licensed copy of TUM v3 then the price is discounted entirely and the total cost of the "purchase" is 0.00. I tried using PayPal but got an error. It could've been on PayPal's end (maintenance or something) but I just went ahead and chose Visa and continued. The PF store never asked for my card info nor charged any of my cards, it just went ahead as if I'd completed the purchase. The store sends email just as it does with any other purchase, with a link to add the product to your registration page.

I hope that helps.

~Dogtag

P.S. If you contact PF support, they can merge your two email addresses into one registration page. Just let them know the old registration and the newer one where you want it merged.
  • Okay,

So if it comes up at $19 and change and I go on through the purchase, it will not charge my credit card?

One of the people above said that you needed to get a voucher number so I am really confused now.

I have emailed Ralf.

:-)
    edited April 2017
    Posted By: CharlesWayneRobinsonI have emailed Ralf.
    That's probably best at this point. :-D
  • Since I have a patron license I got an email with my new serial number. When I added that to my products page, the download showed up.
  • Posted By: CharlesWayneRobinsonOkay,

So if it comes up at $19 and change and I go on through the purchase, it will not charge my credit card?

I don't recall if I needed a voucher number (I don't *think* so, but wouldn't swear to it in court), but I do recall the amount at checkout was zero.
  • Ralf solved the problem for me. For some reason the system did not recognize that I had the TUM v3 version and as such, did not send me the link that I needed.

Thanks Ralf! :-)