Help with another problem please. Annual 2011 More Dungeon Symbols

I guess it's my day for problems. I am following the CA50 Symbol Guide exactly and the 1500 Symbols are not showing up. For example, after starting a Dungeon with DD3 template, I go to Debris looking for the "Cobwebs" and it's not there. Same for anything else. Am I doing something wrong?

Mac/Wineskin user.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• It doesn't work _probably_ because it is broken:

VZ5yPeL.jpg

Notice the name of the folder. You probably have the same situation.

Anyhow, I cannot find any of the symbols unless I load them manually.

• caveCrawlercaveCrawler Traveler
    edited April 2017
    Thanks for the confirmation.

I sent Ralf an e-mail.

Hopefully they can fix this. I don't like loading stuff manually.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    The folder name isn't the culprit here (although it may look weird), but it seems like the symbol catalog settings for these catalogs were not provided by the installer properly. You can make these yourself, it is not really difficult, but I am sure Ralf will provide an updated version fixing this.
  • Posted By: MonsenThe folder name isn't the culprit here (although it may look weird), but it seems like the symbol catalog settings for these catalogs were not provided by the installer properly. You can make these yourself, it is not really difficult, but I am sure Ralf will provide an updated version fixing this.
    Thanks, I don't mind fixing it myself if you can give me the guidance. What do I need to do?
    Basically, for a symbol catalog to show up when you click one of the symbol catalog button, it must have a symbol catalog setting associated with it, which name matches the current filters. For example, when you click the Debris button in DD3, it will display all symbol catalog settings that starts with "DD3 Color Debris" (DD3 Color is the master filter here, while Debris is the catalog setting filter). So, to take the cobweb catalog for example, you need to create a new catalog setting named "DD3 Color Debris Cobweb" (See how it matches the filter I mentioned earlier) and associate this catalog setting with the actual CA50 Debris Cobwebs.FSC symbol catalog file.
    The user manual explains the symbol catalog settings and filters, and how to create them. You'll find it on page 83 and onward. (You'll find additional information in the Tome if you have it, but you don't need it for this opeartion).
    You'll need one symbol catalog setting for each of the 8 catalogs.
  • caveCrawlercaveCrawler Traveler
    edited April 2017
    Posted By: MonsenBasically, for a symbol catalog to show up when you click one of the symbol catalog button, it must have a symbol catalog setting associated with it, which name matches the current filters. For example, when you click the Debris button in DD3, it will display all symbol catalog settings that starts with "DD3 Color Debris" (DD3 Color is the master filter here, while Debris is the catalog setting filter). So, to take the cobweb catalog for example, you need to create a new catalog setting named "DD3 Color Debris Cobweb" (See how it matches the filter I mentioned earlier) and associate this catalog setting with the actual CA50 Debris Cobwebs.FSC symbol catalog file.
    The user manual explains the symbol catalog settings and filters, and how to create them. You'll find it on page 83 and onward. (You'll find additional information in the Tome if you have it, but you don't need it for this opeartion).
    You'll need one symbol catalog setting for each of the 8 catalogs.
    ok, thanks for the help but now when I click on debris, I get a popup box to choose between debris and debris cobweb. if I chose cobweb, there are no icons, just blanks to choose.

Looks like I will just be waiting on Ralf to fix it. :)
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited April 2017
    D'OH!  image   For reasons I won't bore you with, I missed those catalog settings when I converted the annual. Sorry! I sent them to Ralf so he can patch the 2011 Annual setup file.

In the meantime, are you sure your cobweb catalog is blank? The cobwebs are white and, thus, invisible in the catalog. So, you could have done it perfectly and it could still look like it didn't work.
  • tsk. tsk. Dogtag, its nose to the grindstone, and fingers to the keyboard. Not the other way around.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    edited April 2017
    I've fixed this and you can either re-download and reinstall the Annual 2011 setup from your registration page, or you can download the missing catalog settings here.

Unzip the files and copy them to your CC3+ program data folder (usuallly C:\ProgramData\ProFantasy\CC3Plus\) into the \System\Symbol Catalog Settings\ subfolder.
  • edited April 2017
    Are the cobwebs supposed to be able to have the random symbol from collection feature? With the updated files I can select each one individually, but it doesn't randomize them.
    These symbol catalogs are not set up to use random selection. This wasn't in the original CC3 version either.

You can set this up yourself if you want by editing the symbol catalogs and enable the 'Randomly select from collection' for all symbols in the catalog.
  • SkidAceSkidAce Traveler
    Sweet, I had noticed this and given up on trying to fix it myself. (I am stubborn)

Thanks!
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    You can also press Tab before you place the symbol (once it's selected!) to randomize each placement.