Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2017

Thanks for those points, Wyvern. Typo fixed, and I will rework the westside a little more
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTime4 days ago

Here is the latest edition - westside reworked, some more buildings added and a frame added. Is there anything more I need - like more buildings? I will be doing each district in detail as submaps, and also adding the District names
      Stromphe City_Ground Floor.PNG
    • CommentAuthorWyvern
    • CommentTime4 days ago

Is it worth waiting on the final version of the city map in case there are things you might want to add (or indeed change) only after you've completed the area detail maps?

Hadn't noticed earlier, but the "QUARANTINE" and "CEMETERY" labels may need adjusting, so they're not in all capital letters. Also, is the PRISON of equal importance with the AGORA? Or should one or other, maybe even both, be changed to the more typical script style?
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTime3 days ago

Haha. Point taken. I will fix the border a bit, add a few more buildings, then submit - hopefully, if any alteration of streets/buildings need to be adjusted later, Monsen won't actually kill me (or curse me with the Grey Wasting Paralysis)
    • CommentAuthorScottA
    • CommentTime3 days ago

I really like this one, and I love the color scheme. And cool border.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTime3 days ago

Also have just added sewer outlets - I intend to do a Sewer 'floor', and perhaps also a few dungeons.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTime3 days ago edited

Border fixed, a few new buildings, and District names added. I think this is as complete as this map needs to be, and I will start on the Dockside district first
      Stromphe City_Ground Floor2.PNG
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTime3 days ago

Nice. I like the brown you're using for many of the labels a lot more than the black. Maybe consider adding a Blend Mode (overlay) effect to the solid black entities and text, to make them a little less harsh? Regardless, I really like your choice to use a late-age mapping style for an older map. Very creative — and effective!

Rock on.  \m/
    ~Dogtag
    • CommentAuthorScottA
    • CommentTime3 days ago

Really sharp. I think it may be my favorite of all your maps I've seen so far.
    • CommentAuthorWyvern
    • CommentTime2 days ago

Maybe move the Key to a clearer area? Looking good otherwise.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTime2 days ago

I'll change the building colour to a darkish grey, easier than Blend; I MAY move the key, and I will add a few more buildings, then submit. I have exploded the text along the border, so everyone should see it as it is (I hope)
    • CommentAuthorShessar
    • CommentTime2 days ago

This is amazing Quenten! I agree with ScottA, my favorite of your maps so far.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTime2 days ago

Well, this is it. Off to Monsen tomorrow (24 hrs). Thanks for the kind comments and the helpful criticism. I have moved the Key, added more buildings, including embassies, and changed the building colour to a dark beige.
    And for the record, I don't think it is my best map - I really liked Fisher island and the Drunken Bear Inn.
      Stromphe City_Ground Floor3.PNG
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTime2 days ago

I also added sewer outlets - not shown
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTime1 day ago

Final version, map notes in train. Post to Monsen in 24 hours - please comment before then.
      Stromphe City_Ground Floor4.PNG