Terraformer Setup

How do you set up Terraformer? I don't see an EXE or SETUP file. Thx!

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Hi! Download the zip file and unzipped it to a convenient location, then check the included pdf for setup instructions with FT3.
  • ModricModric Traveler
    Yeah, now I see- the instructions start on pg 55 of a 225 page PDF. Nothing like putting your install directions right up front... ;-)
  • He wanted to explain how it all worked first.
  • 1 year later
  • I'm new to this program - all of them in fact (just purchased a bundle yesterday). I felt the same confusion when trying to install Terraformer. The actual setup information starts on page 43 of my manual (ver .5).

Although I haven't had time to read all of the 225 pages, from what I've read so far, only the lighting (.lgt) files get copied to the Fractal terrains colouring folder.

Am I correct in believing that the rest of the files you import into FT3 as required? And they don't need to be copied or moved beforehand?

Some fascinating stuff in the manual, but as a former software/technical writer and editor I have to say the structure is awfully confusing, especially for newcomers. In a future release, I suggest starting with a simple statement about the installation process so users don't get frustrated and give up.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    I usually keep everything in my FT folder for convenience sake, but yea, only the lgt files needs to be there, because you don't browse for these, FT3 just lists what's int he folder. The rest of the stuff, you get to browse for, so you can keep it wherever.
  • Thanks for the answers.

My system sometimes pops up warning dialogues if I try to update or change anything in the program directories, and nags me about admin rights, so I prefer to put data files in a less contentious place and keep Winnie 10 happy with my tinkering.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Always open FT3 as Administrator (right click, "Open as Administrator") then Win 10 only asks you once at the beginning if you want to allow this program to make changes to your system. Ok that and forget it. Win 10 is the world's fussiest nanny.