Having issues with effects from sheets showing up

Hi guys, recently I started a nice map for my current campaign, and after working for a week on a map and about to give it the finishing touches, something happened, CC3+ stopped drawing some effects, while showing others.

It all started when I exported my map. At first the export was being done, then I found out half of the map was not rendering landmasses and for some reason half of the map was being considered as off the grid, I couldnt land a line/river, anything outside that ghost boundary for some reason or another.

Then all of a sudden, my map which was pretty much visible, lost all sheet effects. I can see everything, but no matter how much I turn the sheet effects on or off it wont draw them in cc3+.

I began moving stuff from layer to layer, adding layers, purging unused ones and even tried to make new maps with the same set and there the effects show no problem. Something in my map suddenly borked and its driving me crazy.

Any idea? The CS just said that when effects are not showing just unhide the merge layer, but nope, the layer is pretty much there intact. Nothing is freezed, and as I said other maps with the same effect (Herwin Wielink) show all effects no problem if I start them within the same instance of CC3+, text, contours, farmland/wastes, etc edge fading.

Seems there is an issue with my map. Any ideas?

Comments

• Are any of your layers, or sheets, hidden ?
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Could you post your map here, it is easier to figure out what might be wrong when I can examine the actual map.
  • edited April 2017
    Annnd after some logical refollow and crazy ideas, I decided to go layers by layer sheet by sheet and for SOME WEIRD REASON deciding I wanted to grab in the erase tool selection rectangle random empty space over and over, until I discovered some strange invisible items . Two to be precise hidden in the navigation layer. They never showed, had no way of selecting them individually and seemed to be either very big but totally clickthrough. My guess is the outline that was showing in half my map were them. So I am posting my answer in case someone has invisible items causing this particular type of damage.

For some reason they were making it impossible for anything over the Navigation lines sheet to render the effects. I think during creation I made some attempts at importing some .png files into the map/engine and they remained there. Very odd.

Hope this helps others if they ever made my same mistake