Questions About Line CC3+

Hey Guys,

I am drawing some lines on a map and once I apply effects they are turning from black to green. I suspect one of my effects is doing this. So when you draw lines in CC3+ what layer and style group does it put them in?

Thanks!
Joel Logan

Comments

• effects are on the sheets, not layers. I'm not otherwise famliar with effects.
  • So if an effect was changing a line what group would it be lumped with under Sheets?

Joel Logan
  • Do a List command on the line to find out what sheet it is on
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Note that a basic line will always be drawn on the current sheet, there is no automatic choice. So it will be on whatever sheet you had active when drawing it. But as Quenten said, the List command can help you find out which sheet already existing lines are on.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited April 2017
    Posted By: joelloganSo if an effect was changing a line what group would it be lumped with under Sheets?
    Each sheet has its own effects (or none). Any effects on a sheet are then applied to all entities on that sheet, regardless of what layer it's on (unless the layer is hidden) and regardless of what sort of entity it is (lines, polygons, etc.). Symbols are unaffected by some color effects, however.

So, effects are "grouped" by sheet. Once you know which sheet the line is on, you can click the appropriate sheet in the Sheets and Effects dialog to see the list of effects applied to it.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag