Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2017 edited

The Chakri Lapu of Malajuri are a range of active and inactive volcanoes on the northern hook of Malajuri, spotted with a multitude of hot springs of varying temperatures and components (think a bit like the springs of Yellowstone - as that is really all i have as a known comparison) This one pic is the inspiration for my map of a particularly large body of water, and a few crater springs. I give you, Kimbunga (cyclone/tornado) Springs
      Kimbunga.png
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2017

Here's the photo i'm using as my inspiration :)
      BROMO-MIDNIGHT-TOUR-12-Hsmall.jpg
    • CommentAuthorJimP

looks great !
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Needs some smoke coming from the volcano, and some foreground material, but in general it is awesome. Any chance of a bird's eye view as an insert (better for adventuring)
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

Thanks, Jim.

Quenten, there is still soooo much left to do here :) It's just a beginning WIP. I'll see if i can work out an aerial view once i've finished this up
    Wow - that is really cool! :-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Sorry, I thought it was finished. Mea culpa.
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI

Looks really nice.
    What style are you using?
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2017

This is a bit different for you, Lorelei, but very nice :)
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

Thanks guys!

Hadrian - it's the DeRust Style Grasslands symbol
    Sue, thank you....i figured i'd try something a little different and this picture really inspired me~
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

I really like this. Excited to see how the finished product will look.
    • CommentAuthorJMunsonII

Suhweet! :)
    • CommentAuthorRoyalWolf

great start!
    This is beautiful Lorelei. I think you've done a great job of making it look similar to the picture so far. I'm looking forward to seeing how you do the rest of this.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2017 edited

Thank you so much, everyone!! So i worked on this last night and a bit this morning....The font is not sitting right with me....But in any case, i think it's pretty much done, unless anyone has any suggestions? Love to hear them - maybe get the font to appeal to me a bit better? It is mainly in the DeRust style, with a few CC3, Schley, HW and Jon Roberts style tree and structure symbols mixed in for variety :)
      Kimbunga Springs small.png
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2017

I lightened up the water and added a few "residents" of the water ;)
      Kimbunga Springs small2.png
    Really, really cool! :-)
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

Thanks, Charles :)
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI

Looks very, very beautiful. I love the perspective you've chosen.

I have three suggestions, that might make your artwork look even better.
    The first one concerns the island with the Adwoa Ruins: There seems to be a bit of blue underneath the black line belonging to the hill symbol on the right side of the island (where the two trees are). Maybe you could alter the coastline of the island a bit so it fits with the symbol? Also, due to your choice of perspective, one can see the coastline of the island rather well. Because of that, I would suggest adding some sort of coastal environment (beach or cliff). Maybe you could even make it go under water a bit?

The second suggestion concerns the area left of the order of the first monastery: The horizon seems to be a bit lower on this side of the image, than on the left side. Maybe you could add some (semi transparent) mountains to even it out? If you've made this on purpose, because the terrain is supposed to be lower on this side as it seems to be the case on the photo, you could still add an entity that gives an impression of the lands that lie beyond the hills (as in the photo).

And the third concerns the tree size on the far end of the lake: The trees on the left hand side are larger than the ones on the right side, even though they are higher up in the picture, which does indicate that they are further away. Maybe you could rescale either of them?

As said, I really like your artwork. The suggestions are criticism on a very high level and concern nothing but details. If it would be too much trouble to implement them, the map still looked great without them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

This is so amazing - like a labelled photograph.
    • CommentAuthorJMunsonII
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2017

Fabulous work. :D
    • CommentAuthorJay_NOLA

Love how great that looks.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2017 edited

Thanks all! Hadrian, I took your advice and made some changes to the map, thank you...although I did have the mountains in the distance, the sheet was hidden :)
      Kimbunga Springs small3.png
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Question about your font. Is this provided with CC3+ or an add-on? If not, most users of your map will just see a plain replacement font. While not critical, it will take away some of the feel.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

hmmm....it might be? I forgot about the fonts! I'll search for an new one....
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

How can I tell? It's the Diogenes font, if that matters
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

I don't have the actual list of fonts installed by CC3+ (and add-ons), but this image shows all the fonts installed on my "atlas" computer. This is a clean setup almost without any kind of software except for CC3+, all add-ons, and some basic tools I use to maintain the atlas. If it isn't in this list, the normal CC3+ user won't have it. If it is in this list, there is a good chance they will have it.
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI

Very beautiful!:)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2017

Lorelei's map is now in the Atlas. Thanks for contributing.
    Great work! :-)