CC3+ Save issue

Okay this is really getting to irk me.
Two computer systems
Same problem

When I try and save a Map in CC3+ I keep getting "NOT ENOUGH MEMORY" error
I just tried saving a Map on the New "rented" HP with Windows 10 with 4G Memory
Saved area is 44 5' squares wide...trying to save at 72 DPI...(72x44=3168)

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    hmm, that sounds weird, the resolution you specify isn't really any particularly large. You are on the low side with only 4Gigs of memory though. Being a 32bit program, that is the maximum amount CC3+ itself can address, but when the machine doesn't have more, it has to compete with other programs for that memory. If you have any other programs running, I recommend you close them.

Have you enabled anti-alias for that export? If so, what is the value? (You'll want to keep this low)
  • Could the rented PC be set up to not allow saves to the hard drive ? Have you tried saving to a USB thumb drive instead ?
  • Posted By: Monsenhmm, that sounds weird, the resolution you specify isn't really any particularly large. You are on the low side with only 4Gigs of memory though. Being a 32bit program, that is the maximum amount CC3+ itself can address, but when the machine doesn't have more, it has to compete with other programs for that memory. If you have any other programs running, I recommend you close them.

Have you enabled anti-alias for that export? If so, what is the value? (You'll want to keep this low)
    Only program I have running is CC3+

Doesn't do it everytime
    I did a 72 DPI 36 wide map and saved it
  • Posted By: JimPCould the rented PC be set up to not allow saves to the hard drive ? Have you tried saving to a USB thumb drive instead ?
    I saved maps already to harddrive at smaller sizes
  • Okay.

Where are you saving them to ?

I save mine to a folder outside Programdata and outside program files.