Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2017 edited

The April Annual issue now available for download from your registration page. Venture into Storyweaver's High Space with a new SciFi style.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2017

Great news.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag

Neat! I take it TJ Vandel's "City of Candlelorn" is delayed, then?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf

Yes, unfortunately that's delayed for the moment. I'll be putting up a new plan for the upcoming issues soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag

Cool!   B-)
    • CommentAuthorShessar

I never thought I would say this about a SciFi annual, being predominantly a fantasy gamer, but the timing and style on this one is perfect! Thanks!
    • CommentAuthorBarliman

Well-timed indeed. I've long noodled with a SF setting based on the universe hinted at in "Forbidden Planet," and this map style fits right in.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag

Shessar mysteriously quipped:I never thought I would say this about a SciFi annual, being predominantly a fantasy gamer, but the timing and style on this one is perfect! Thanks!

Well, color me curious.
    Nice!
    • CommentAuthorShessar

Posted By: Dogtag
    Shessarmysteriously quipped:I never thought I would say this about a SciFi annual, being predominantly a fantasy gamer, but the timing and style on this one is perfect! Thanks!

Well, color me curious.

Haha! My oldest son has convinced us to try a "Stars Without Number" campaign. Since his maps are always just scribbles on notebook paper, I usually translate them into CC maps for him. He says between his normal job and his computer repair side job, there is no time for pretty maps.

He just handed us the star system map and it has confused us all. ("What the heck are all these dots? Is this a star or a planet? Are these two systems along a trade rout? What is this scribble?)
    So....perfect timing on this annual. :D
    • CommentAuthorJimP

I can see an application for my Traveller site.
    • CommentAuthorWyvern

OK: great news!

Downloaded and installed successfully, checked the PDF instructions, then took a look at the two sample FCW files.

They too look great. Except... I'm getting red X boxes where the "HIGH SPACE" name should be on both maps.

The two PNGs are fine and complete with these name bars, but the CC3+ maps aren't.

Not a huge problem, naturally, but if the lettering/font/symbol (?) wasn't included in the package, maybe the names didn't need to be on the maps? Looks a bit untidy otherwise.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Seems Ralf failed to pack the 'Logos' folder into the installer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf

Indeed he did. Should be fixed now if you re-download the setup.
    • CommentAuthordudeslife
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2017

Where do we see the plan for upcoming months?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

On the annual info page. But it doesn't have any new info right now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2017 edited

Shessar explained:Haha! My oldest son has convinced us to try a "Stars Without Number" campaign. Since his maps are always just scribbles on notebook paper, I usually translate them into CC maps for him...

He just handed us the star system map and it has confused us all. ("What the heck are all these dots? Is this a star or a planet? Are these two systems along a trade rout? What is this scribble?)

So....perfect timing on this annual. :D

Sweet! Rock on. \m/
    • CommentAuthorJay_NOLA
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2017 edited

Joe Sweeney just did a video tutorial for that issue that he just posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpncB278gD0
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

It's pretty good