Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorScottA
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2017

Hello, all. Still relatively new to CC3+, et al. and I have a question. I want to place items so that they appear to be underwater. I create a new sheet (UNDER WATER) then select my symbols (rocks, usually) and click on the sheets bar at the bottom to make it UNDER WATER. I place the symbols down, but they still end up on the SYMBOLS sheet. I have tried clicking the new sheet before and after my symbol selection, and the sheet shows as the active one, but still the symbols go to the SYMBOLS sheet. What am I doing wrong? The idea is to put certain symbols on the UNDER WATER sheet and then use the TRANSPARENCY effect on it so that it "fades" into the water.

Thanks!

ScottA
    • CommentAuthorJMunsonII

The symbols are usually forced on to the SYMBOLS sheet. You can easily move them by choosing the Change Properties button and selecting your sheet, or, right-clicking on that button and follow the prompts...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Note that you can also temporary turn off the ability for symbols to choose their own sheet by clicking the option button on top of the symbol catalog. Note that it is not recommended to leave this off normally, since it saves you from manually changing to the correct sheet all the time, but for special situations, it can be helpful turning it off.
    • CommentAuthorScottA

Thanks so much! That did exactly what I wanted.