Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    Hi everyone;

I just installed CC3+ for the first time, to a new computer that actually has the guts to do some mapping. I'm also loading up all my other software, including my FR Atlas with updates. I have an old .exe called "fra-cc3-symbols" that installed/inserted the FR Atlas symbols into CC3. I tried to run it, on the off chance it would work - it didn't. Any chance, prolly after the Annuals all get converted, that that utility will be updated to CC3+?

Just curious if it was even a thought, and I should keep an eye out, or just not worry about it.

Thanks,

Bill
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2017

This hasn't been updated to CC3+ yet. You could always install CC3, run it to install the symbol catalogs there, and then just copy them over to your CC3+ install.
    • CommentAuthorThalamus
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2017

Hy there,

I have the same Issue but i have no exe called fra-cc3-symbols. Can anybody tell me where to get this?
    I Already tried the Suggestion from the Support-Page, but I can´t see any option to extract/convert the Symbols from FR Atlas.

Thanks!
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2017

For me to get the FRA symbols, I had to go on ebay and buy the cd that contains the FRA Atlas. I installed that and got the symbols.

It doesn't show up often, and I had to wait a couple of months for it to show up.
    • CommentAuthorThalamus
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2017 edited

Posted By: JimPFor me to get the FRA symbols, I had to go on ebay and buy the cd that contains the FRA Atlas. I installed that and got the symbols.

Thank you for your answer.
    Maybe I was unclear in my previous Post.
    I already have the FR Atlas. I just don´t know how to get the Symbols. I managed to open a FCW File and extract the Symbols in that particular File via the Symbol Manager, but this is a very Time intensive Way and produces many dublicates.
    In my FR Atlas is no FSC File and no PNGs so what I am missing is a way to import the Symbols from FR Atlas to CC3 and make them usable like the other FSC Files.
    Darkchilde mentioned some kind of program which installed/inserted the FR Atlas symbols into CC3. But I couldn´t find something like this.

What I did was the following:
    * Installed CC3 and the latest update
    * Started CC3 and closed
    * Installed CC3+ and the latest update
    * Started CC3+ and closed
    * Installed FR Atlas and all update (1,2 and 3)
    * Started CC3+ and try to find any hint how to get the FRA Symbols
    * Closed CC3+
    * Search in CC3 and FRA Folders for a file named fra-cc3-symbols.exe
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Thats not how I got the symbols. I think, its been years ago, that I had to install FRA Atlas in CC2, and then copy and paste the FRA symbols folder into CC3 Symbols folder.

I don't know about any changes.

Hmmm... I was going to post a detailed method, but I don't have them on my current computer.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

My apologies, I apparently never kept track of them.

Anyway, you need the CD to install the maps and symbols. There are 3 patches available, I think on Wizards of the Coast's web site. The patches won't install unless FR Atlas is also installed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Posted By: ThalamusI have the same Issue but i have no exe called fra-cc3-symbols. Can anybody tell me where to get this?
    Contact ProFantasy support. They need to give you access to this file.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2017 edited

The file to install these with CC3 is available on the FRIA support page.

Note that there is currently no version for CC3+ available. You'll need to install the FRIA, CC3, and then this file.
    • CommentAuthorThalamus
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2017 edited

Posted By: RalfThe file to install these with CC3 is available onthe FRIA support page.

Thank you very much :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2017

+1 !!!
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Looks like I have to rumage around in 100 boxes in my shed and find the install CD.

Shouldn't take too long as I have gone through around 30 of them looking for other things... over the past month.
    • CommentAuthorpool7

Maybe an approach similar to these could work while we wait for a CC3+ version; just a thought, haven't tried it.
    http://forum.profantasy.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=6756
    or
    http://forum.profantasy.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=6757